We are hiring a senior project manager for a high-profile, high-budget CIS implementation project in California.
The Project Manager is accountable for all aspects of the successful delivery of enterprise software implementation of this and future projects. Utilizing formal project management methodology, the Project Manager will lead a team of Cayenta consultants in delivering projects on schedule and on budget while meeting scope and quality requirements. The successful candidate will be part of the Cayenta Project Management Services team, reporting to the PMO Manager . Due to office and project location preference is for a candidate based out of our Vancouver office or remote California location.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR IMPACT
- Manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, stakeholder relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues.
- Work together with the Customer Project Manager to ensure successful completion of the scope of work.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the project including revenue forecasting and working capital. Ensuring deliverables are achieved so milestones may be invoiced on time is critical.
- Lead the project delivery, including managing the scope of the project and changes to the project deliverables, while ensuring customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Serve as a communications hub for the project and deliver timely, appropriate, and effective executive-level communication.
- Monitor the performance of project team members.
- Provide status reporting regarding project budget, schedule, milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues.
- Identify risks and issues and implement mitigation strategies.
- Prepare detailed project plans for all phases of the project.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of project management experience on large-scale software implementation projects, including tracking and planning projects.
- 8+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Able to travel to California 2 out of every 3 weeks.
- Strong understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Clarizen and Smartsheet.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- PMP certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Experience in the Utility sector
- An understanding of ERP and/or CIS systems
- Experience with delivering COTS implementations and methodologies
- Experience with delivering financial system implementations
- Experience delivering large projects in the public sector
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision from day 1
- 3 weeks' vacation and 5 personal days
- Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
- Shuttle service from skytrain station
- Free breakfast Fridays for Vancouver-based candidates
- Flexible work options
- And more!
Founded in 1983 & welcomed to the Harris family in 2004, our Cayenta business unit is the North American leader in technology for medium to large utility clients. We provide innovative end-to-end CIS and ERP solutions that were engineered from the ground up to be agile and seamless, ensuring that our clients have a platform for operational success. Our head office is based in Burnaby, BC to learn more about our company please visit www.cayenta.com
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to this job, click 'Apply Now' to apply online. If this role does not align with your career goals, feel free to review all our current opportunities here or submit your resume to our Harris Talent Network here for future opportunities.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5511 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.