Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions’ Chelmsford, MA office is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer with appropriate experience to support projects involving site civil design (including stormwater, grading, utilities, roadway) and to a lesser degree environmental remediation (sediments remediation, in-situ remediation including SVE, IAS, ISCO, ERD, etc.), remediation feasibility studies, cost estimates, planning documents, engineering design, and construction support. Anticipated work will focus on engineering design, permitting, and construction to support these types of projects.
The position will involve all facets of both site civil engineering and environmental remediation including, but not limited to: hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, grading plan development, soil cut/fill volume calculations, remediation feasibility studies and cost estimates, remedial investigations, remedial design of treatment facilities, and construction oversight. This position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering evaluations and feasibility studies, design sediment and other remedies, and develop conceptual cost estimates
- Prepare project planning and reporting documents including investigation work plans, sampling and analysis plans, remedial action plans, permitting submittals, and construction complete reports
- Analyze and interpret environmental data and prepare related reports.
- Prepare and/or support development of environmental permit applications for site development projects and remediation work
- Develop and review plans, specifications and special provisions for site design and remediation projects
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Prepare requests for proposals and assist in subcontractor procurement.
- Develop or support proposals
- Oversee remedial action implementation and provide construction management support including review of contractor submittals
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering
- 10 to 15 years of design or construction experience with a focus on site civil engineering applications
- Demonstrated successful Project Management skills; ability to work independently or as part of team
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification, or other appropriate environmental certification
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD Civil 3D, HydroCAD, and Autodesk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites within New England; travel expected to be < than 10% overnight
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- B.S. Civil/Environmental/Geotechnical
- P.E. registration other appropriate registration or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Understanding of construction means and methods for civil earthwork projects, remediation of contaminated sites, and remediation of contaminated sediments
- Geotechnical engineering design experience; construction inspection/oversight experience
- Experience implementing remedial solutions for in-situ and in-water contamination
- Sediment sampling in various environments and knowledge of sediment sampling methods
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.