This individual will be responsible for a wide range of engineering management and design activities related to the client’s program management team. The engineer will support the design, construction and sustainment of our client’s tactical infrastructure projects (towers, roads,) along the U.S. border, primarily the southwest border with Mexico.
This position will serve as a Senior Engineer responsible for assisting a federal agency manage its tactical infrastructure and tower infrastructure along the border of the United States. Responsible for supporting the Government in the implementation of design and maintenance standards, development of strategies and reviews of designs during the project planning, design, and construction phases to ensure the Government standards are followed. Will perform and review portfolio planning including assessments, alternative analysis, and cost estimates. Responsible for review of design plans or work with designers to make sure the Government, state, and local regulations, codes, directives and standards are met. Responsible for reviewing analyzing condition and maintenance reports to set technical direction of maintenance and repair program.
A background in with tower construction and maintenance and repair is highly desired. The candidate shall have strong communication and organizational skills and an “easy to work” personality.
- 10+ years’ experience in engineering design and management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in both a team environment and an independent setting.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Construction management
- Infrastructure maintenance and or repair experience
- Structural or Civil/site design experience
- Tower design, construction or maintenance
- Familiarity in one or more of the following areas:
- MSOutlook, MSWord, MSExcel and MSPowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Project is a plus
- Strong candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in working with multiple stakeholders and building consensus
- Experience in managing simultaneously, multiple projects with independent schedules and budgets
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a comprehensive DHS government security investigation must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. The background investigation includes financial, criminal, residential, educational, foreign affiliation, and employment verifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineeering
- Registered Professional Engineer is required
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) and or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred but not required.
- Moderate travel within the CONUS will be required.