Senior Claim Director, Marine (
Job Number:328182 )
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
- Investigate and settle first party Recreational and Commercial Marine property claims. The position requires strong negotiation and customer service skills, including the ability to handle high profile clientele. A background in marine surveying, recreational marine claims adjudication or an understanding of marine (boat & yacht) repairs is beneficial, but not required.
- He/she needs to work well with policyholders, brokers, attorneys and home office in the resolution of claim files. Additionally, the individual will be expected to interact with our underwriting department on a regular basis. The individual must work effectively as a member of the team and readily adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing workplace demands.
- This person works independently and will report into the AVP of Chubb Recreational Marine Claims.
- Overnight Travel: Less than 10%
- Manage pending inventory and daily workflow of marine property damage claims
- Ensure high customer service levels are being met with Chubb policyholders and brokers
- Manage and consult on all losses with coverage issues
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with claim best practices and handling guidelines
- Manage expectations and performance of the primary independent marine surveyors utilized in the region
- Active participation in CAT events or seasonal claim volume spikes
- Manage CAT preparation, coordination and planning for the marine unit.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply the provisions of a marine insurance policy contract
- Provide Team Lead/Supervisory oversight of staff adjusters
- Assist with technical claims handling development of staff adjusters
- High level of competency with common workplace computer technology – e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education is recommended.
- A background in boat and yacht construction, repair methodology, salvage, catastrophe claim management, knowledge or training in law, and additional insurance claims specific designation(s), such as SCLA, AIC, or CPCU are beneficial.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Travel- Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting- Sep 4, 2019, 3:37:17 AM