Senior Claim Examiner(
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We have an opening for a Senior Claim Examiner.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
- Analyze first report to determine nature of loss, coverage provided and scope of claim.
- Conduct investigations of all aspects of reported claims including potential fraud. Secure all appropriate supporting documentation and verify same for accuracy, relationship and completeness.
- Apply knowledge of jurisdictional regulations and case law in all territories handled.
- Effectively negotiate liability where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and monitor cases to achieve timely development and disposition of inventory
- Case load may include litigation with first notice lawsuits
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements and insurance regulation
• An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting contracts and other complex information
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Current Claims Adjuster licenses in one or more states preferred but must be willing to obtain additional state licensures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· 2+ years of insurance claims adjusting
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Jersey City 07302