Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Senior Claim Representative, under the direction of the Auto Recovery Claims Team Leader, investigates and settles claims promptly, equitably and within established best practices guidelines.
- Direct investigation, evaluates third party liability, pursue subrogation recoveries, and negotiate settlements for auto claims in multi-jurisdictions.
- Manage files in litigation; direct subrogation counsel as appropriate.
- Communicate with brokers, insureds, other carriers, etc. to achieve desired results. Provide outstanding customer service to insured clientele.
- Work with internal business partners to maximize recoveries.
- Utilize Inter-Company Arbitration or other Alternate Dispute Resolution when practical.
- Collaborate with and direct counsel when appropriate to increase efficiencies and maximize recoveries
- Independent handling of routine and complex cases under general direction with established policies, procedures, financial autonomy and precedents
- College degree &/or state licenses preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience handling auto claims.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Analytical approach to business objectives.
- Outstanding customer-focus skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of tort law, contract law, jurisdictional law and liability concepts applicable to claims where injuries were potentially caused by other parties’ negligence.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.