Senior Claim Specialist(
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As part of the Complex and Multinational claim team within National Desk Property, the successful candidate will achieve broad experience in investigating and resolving large commercial property claims. Claims include property risks in US and Overseas.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
- Analyze first report to determine nature of loss, coverage provided and scope of damage in commercial property claims.
- Manage IA’s, engineers, building consultants, and other experts on complex commercial claims to obtain a favorable claim outcome.
- Prioritize case load within a high volume department developing claim strategies to drive files to resolution and achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
- Conduct investigations of all aspects of reported claims including potential fraud. Secure all appropriate supporting documentation and verify same for accuracy, relationship and completeness.
- Apply knowledge of jurisdictional regulations and case law in all territories handled.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage and monitor cases to achieve timely development and disposition of inventory
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements and insurance regulation
- Ability to manage outside vendors
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting contracts and other complex information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
3 to 5 years of commercial property insurance claims adjusting
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Insurance designations including AIC, CPCU strongly preferred.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law