Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Casualty Monitor Specialist manages files the Examiner determines will be inactive. When requested documentation or claim status is received via mail, email, or phone, the Monitor Specialist will document file notes, monitor file, reassign file, consult with Examiner, and/or close file.
The Monitor Specialist is responsible for pursuing final signed releases and dismissals of litigation, confirming all expenses have been paid and all financials are closed when the Examiner brings the file to conclusion or confirms no further adjusting functions are needed.
The Monitor Specialist is responsible for regularly pursuing supporting documentation for claims that are inactive and relaying any information or activity on the stale claim to the assigned Examiner.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
• Following up and obtaining copies of medical records.
• Following up with claimant attorneys for claim documentation based on specific instructions from the Examiner.
• Obtaining copies of all closing documents and ensuring all proper closing procedures are properly followed.
• Requesting Print All and gathering documents; send to Defense Counsel on new litigation assignments.
• Adhering to all file documentation processes and procedures.
• Establishing a diary system in claim systems to monitor activity on files.
• Updating claims data as needed in claim systems.
• Documenting chronology and review of supporting documents for Bodily Injury claims received from third party claimant attorneys.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced knowledge of claim systems navigation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed service metrics.
- Demonstrated advanced written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated advanced customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Effectively work in a team environment, promoting a professional, courteous and supportive environment.
- Display advanced knowledge of all file management functions and workflows.
- Display advanced ability to process high volume transactions in a claim service environment.
- Acts as a subject matter resource and “go-to” person.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Minimum one year as a Claim Assistant or equivalent experience
College degree a plus
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.