Senior Claims Examiner(
- Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing outstanding customer service and working well with insureds, brokers and TPAs in the handling of construction casualty claims.
- Analyzing coverage issues and communicating coverage positions to business partners and insureds, as warranted.
- Directing all aspects of litigation from inception through appeal including: oversight of assignments to experts and defense attorneys, reserve setting, negotiating and settling of claims.
- Evaluating and analyzing coverage, liability, and damages to determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company.
- Reporting to reinsurers the prompt collection of any reinsurance.
- Traveling to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
- This position reports to a Claims Manager and other more senior claims leaders.
- Should have a high degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling of casualty claims with particular emphasis on General Liability and OCIP/CCIP policies.
- Minimum of 3-5 years construction claim handling experience, with experience handling New York Labor Law claims.
- College degree or equivalent business experience, J.D. preferred.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with TPA’s and large accounts in a professional manner.
Jersey City 07302