Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We’ve spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we’re not just selling insurance, we’re providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we’re successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees’ lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we’ve compiled a generous benefits package, includin medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We’ve also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Senior Claims Representative (Auto)
Are you passionate about the client experience and interested in utilizing your skills in investigation and critical analysis? The American National, Claims Services, Auto-team, is seeking a full-time Senior Claims Representative! The candidate selected will assume responsibility for vehicle damage, liability, and fast-track injury claims; requiring both analytical and decision-making skills. The ideal candidate should be intrinsically self-motivated, an efficient time manager, and have an innate positive view. If your interest and qualifications align; We invite you to apply today!
- Review notices of loss to determine proper coverage and then confirm appropriate coverage, delivering the outcome
- Determine suitable method of inspection, assigning phone estimates, and proper vendors
- Conduct thorough phone investigations to determine liability and/or damages, obtain recorded statements, review police reports, and provide thorough follow-up
- Establish and maintain proper reserves
- Communicate and promote professional relationships with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, and internal clients, regarding the ongoing status of claim files
- Draft written correspondence regarding various aspects of the claim
- Conclude claims, in compliance with all state rules and regulations, in a timely manner
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year completed degree in related field (Criminal Justice, Insurance and Risk Management, Business, Communications) or equivalent claims work experience, preferred
- Must be available onsite, at the home-office location
- Claims adjusting work experience (preferred)
- Currently hold an active adjuster license or interest in obtaining following date of hire (American National will incur fees associated/ No out of pocket expenses)
- Maintain continuing education (CE) requirements for state licensing, when required
- Understanding of statutes, case laws, and policy contracts desired
- Must be an effective and organized multi-tasker, with the ability to adapt to a slower pace when items require your undivided attention for review
- Must be comfortable managing difficult conversations with ease and confidence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- High attention to detail and follow-up, required
- Passion to provide the highest quality of customer service to clients-possessing pride when managing ownership of phone calls from start-finish
- Must have the aptitude to navigate various computer programs simultaneously, on dual monitors (Including-Outlook, Excel, Word)
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
Love's, Loves, Love's Travel Shops, Loves Travel Shops, Love's Travel Shops & Country Stores