At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Public Sector Sales team is looking for a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect with expertise in cloud infrastructure, data center provisioning and management, containers, DevOps, and automation to join us in McLean, VA. In this role, you will support our Cloud presales efforts in the government sector with technologies like Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat Ansible Automation, and Red Hat CloudForms. Our team of solutions architects is responsible for creating solutions and presenting compelling recommendations to Red Hats customers. You'll help our customers invest wisely in cloud and provisioning solutions that will give them maximum flexibility in the future, allowing them to operate with greater agility, security, and efficiency. Youll need to have a balance of serious technical expertise, passion for open source, a thorough understanding of business processes, and of the ability to identify and create business solutions at the enterprise level. As a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect, youll also need to have excellent communication and people skills because you'll be a crucial part of the first major experience our customers have with Red Hat.
Primary job responsibilities
- Serve as a primary technical expert for hybrid cloud technologies within the sales team
- Lead the gathering of architecture for and design and presentation of solutions to meet the needs of our prospective customers
- Conduct regular demonstrations of Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat Ansible Automation, and other Red Hat cloud suite technologies
- Guide and support presales pilots, demonstrations, workshops, proofs of concepts, evaluations, and benchmarks
- Provide timely and accurate technical responses to presales requests
- Actively engage and support prospective customers in technical evaluations of Red Hats cloud suite offerings
- Develop and maintain tools to support the sales and marketing teams, including demonstrations and presentation materials
- Contribute to building best practices among peers in sales and engineering
- Ensure that revenue quota, deployment, and service objectives are met while maintaining a high level of satisfaction of existing and prospective customers
- Research and write the responses to technical sections of RFIs and RFPs
- Form relationships with technical customer associates to identify new opportunities
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a technical presales, support, or consulting role
- Knowledge of and operational experience with methodologies related to agile and DevOps
- Knowledge of enterprise cloud solutions, deploying and running solutions in a cloud environment and private, public, and hybrid clouds
- Solid Linux system administration skills at the Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT) level or higher; certifications are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.