RESPONSIBILITIES:Client in Northern Virginia is seeking a Senior Collections Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes, maintains and coordinates the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures including collection practices with difficult customers to maximize cash flow.
- Prepares reconciliations for complex collection discrepancies.
- Maintains the accuracy of the collections data entered into the system and monitors the operation of the collection system.
- Provides accurate cash application information for unidentified payments.
- Pursues collection of all customer accounts with the bounds of sound collection practices in the interests of good customer relations, applicable regulations, the FAR and laws such as the Prompt Payment Act.
- Explains collection and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients and provides suggestions for corrective actions for complex discrepancies.
- Develops and reviews monthly accounting and related systems reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Recommends, develops, and maintains financial databases, computer software systems.
- Interfaces with internal and government auditors in completing audits.
- Complies with all applicable accounting and governmental regulations.
REQUIREMENTS:Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred not required.
- Must have 5 to 7 years of experience.
- Must have government contracting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Able to understand and solve billing and collections problems effectively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.