The Senior Loan Coordinator will work with Commercial Loan Processing, Relationship Officers, Relationship Managers, Directors and Division Managers to obtain necessary documents from clients to prepare a complete and accurate set of loan documents. The level of experience varies based on prior work experience, both inside and outside of the Company.
Senior Loan Coordinators provide operational support to Commercial Banking Officers in the ongoing management of Washington Federal's portfolio of commercial loans as it relates to loan origination and funding, construction draw administration, compliance monitoring, regulatory adherence, collateral perfection, recordation and valuation, as well as general loan administration.
Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and clients.
* Builds and maintains productive relationships with existing clients.
* Prepares correspondence to prospective clients.
* Initiates credit and title reports, and appraisal orders for review by the Department.
* Responsible for processing and closing loans according to the Bank's policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines.
* Participates in business development and referral activities.
* Coordinates with Commercial Loan Processing to provide all required loan documents necessary to perfect our security interest, as required by Credit Administration.
* Delivers excellent customer service to the internal customers in the execution of all assigned business processing duties and within service level standards.
* Opens escrow with title/escrow companies and sets up escrow files; orders payoffs.
* Coordinates and facilitates initial loan booking/funding; reviews and approves loans and documents and resolves any title or other issues prior to loan closings
* Coordinates with in-house experts or outside legal counsel on technical transactions.
* Sets up the loan file, including preparation of loan documentation.
* Coordinates closing with the escrow company.
* Prepares boarding instructions.
* Follows up on funding requirements and on any post-closing required loan documentation.
* Follows the Bank's Information Security policies, ensuring that all customer information and confidential bank information is processed and handled in a secure manner and environment.
* Completes special projects, as assigned by Manager.
* Provides administrative and operational support to lending personnel, including clerical duties, related to loan closing and funding, weekly construction draw administration with subsequent loan advances and borrowing base tracking.
* Responsible for loan (relationship) exception tracking, identifying, curing and evidencing with proper file documentation.
* Manages local online file storage and document management (i.e., OnBase).
* Maintains corresponding insurance files for all borrowers and loans (including, but not limited to, Builder's Risk and General Liability policies).
* Assists with field audits as it relates to collateral monitoring, as requested.
* Reviews and balances HUD-1 closing statements for verification of accuracy; approves funding disbursements and initiates initial funding wires, etc.
* Reconciles, verifies and implements monthly unit interest billings for applicable Guidance Lines of Credit.
* Prepares annual property tax payment audit.
* Reviews, balances and maintains record-keeping for all legal and professional billings, including timely submission for payment, and obtaining appropriate approval documentation for all expenditures.
* Facilitates recommendations to divisional management for policy inconsistencies and recommends revision implementation.
* Communicates status of loan portfolio to management, including level of exception reporting, past due collections and loan maturity management.
* Oversees daily teller drawer; loan disbursement balancing and management.
* Adheres to all regulatory policies including BSA, CIP, IT, etc.
* Bachelors Degree, or High School equivalent plus relevant experience
* A strong understanding of business lending terminology is required.
* Ability to comprehend business loan supporting data and related data, including appraisals, environmental reports, title reports, borrower structures, leases.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments in a consistent manner to ensure timely and efficient production.
* Ability to deal effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
* Preferred five to seven years of experience in business loan processing and documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled