This position is responsible for the completion of various complex written commercial loan analysis, providing underwriting expertise that delivers high quality standards, exceptional customer experiences, and complies with applicable regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities | To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully
- Underwrites complex CRE, C&I, SBA, and 504 loan transactions for new and existing clients with complicated borrowing structures.
- Responsible for compilation of data and interprets outcomes of analysis, utilizing sound credit underwriting skills to recommend a credit decision.
- Provide clients with an exceptional experience by meeting the agreed upon SLAs while maintaining high quality.
- Identify proper loan structures to meet the Lender’s and member’s needs while still complying with SBA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Analyze the historical and/or projected business financials to determine viability of applicant business, including cash flow, trends, and financial ratios.
- Analyze personal and business financials to evaluate repayment ability along with other factors to complete a risk assessment.
- Quality review of underwriting documents to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with all credit conditions.
- Manage a working pipeline of intermediate to complex loan requests (both SBA and non-SBA) to ensure quality and timely loan analyses. Assists manager with special projects relating to departmental services.
· Requires regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities | The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- A minimum of five years of experience in commercial loan underwriting is required.
- Incumbent must be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge of SBA and federal rules and regulations, as well as prudent commercial lending practices.
- Ability to provide sound credit decisions utilizing strong background in evaluating personal and business financials
Education: A four-year college degree in a related business field, or equivalent work experience is required.
Computer/Office Equipment Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in
the following: Computer operating skills (Windows navigation, mouse/keyboard
functionality), Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced CASH Suite (or other similar
analysis software, i.e. tax analysis, Sageworks, etc.).