Assists the Commercial Relationship Managers (CRMs) and Portfolio Managers (PMs) in managing customer relationships and providing advanced credit analysis and support primarily for Agribusiness borrowers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyzes financial data related to new and renewal Agribusiness loan requests, including revolving and non-revolving crop lines of credit and loans, Agribusiness real estate loans, and Agribusiness equipment loans.
• Reviews Agribusiness specific financial reports and documents including Operating Budgets and Crop Schedules.* Presents facts and offers opinions/recommendations to CRMs and PMs concerning applicant’s credit worthiness.
• Prepares summary and/or credit approval report documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
• Drafts loan agreements in collaboration with the CRM and PM.
• Reviews and monitors commercial and/or real estate loan documents for accuracy, completeness and adherence to approval conditions.
• Follows up with customers to obtain all necessary information and clarification on financial analysis materials and resources.
• May work with attorneys and other financial or legal resources to obtain correct and accurate documents to fully protect the financial institution’s interests in the credit relationship.
• Participates in customer and prospect calls with the CRM/PM, outside calling and other marketing efforts.
• Ensures customer is approved for all ancillary products; makes recommendations to CRM/PM on potential customer needs.
• May directly manage a portfolio of smaller credits.
• May direct or lead the work of others.
• Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
• Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
• May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
• Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
• Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
• Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
• May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field or the equivalent in education in experience.
• 5 years of commercial underwriting/credit analysis experience.
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
• Advanced credit and credit quality skills including accounting, financial statement spreading, and cash flow analysis experience, and advanced analysis of financial reporting specific and unique to Agribusiness, including Operating Budgets.
• Ability to recognize specific market crop risks with different agricultural commodities and products.
• Familiarity and demonstrated experience underwriting Agribusiness loans, including revolving and non-revolving crop lines and loans, Agribusiness real estate, and Agribusiness equipment loans.* Advanced knowledge of credit policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
• Advanced sales skills including business development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage internal and external customer relationships.
• Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
• Must have completed accounting and credit training courses.
• Ability to train and present to small and large audiences or has the interest in learning to train and present.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
* Requires close visual acuity.
* Normal office environment.
* Occasional travel.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled