senior communications manager, Executive Communications - Seattle, WA190003607Starbucks
At Starbucks, we believe in balancing profitwith purpose and the pursuit of doing wellbydoing good. With more than 330,000 partners (employees) around the world, we’re on a mission to nurture and inspire the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time. We have high aspirations for the future and securing the very best talent in our stores and support centers is a critical element to achieving our goals.
As a senior communications manager, you will partner with executive leadership, Public Affairs, and key stakeholders to design and implement strategic executive communication programs that:
Create clarity, confidence and connection to our strategy;
Build our reputation and brand; and
Play a key role in partner advocacy and culture through listening, transparency, empathy and action.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and manage a comprehensive, integrated, executive communications and engagement program that promotes business objectives and thought leadership platforms with internal and external stakeholders.
- Counsel and coach executives on content and storytelling that is compelling, aligned with our values, and supports Starbucks goals.
- Research, write, and edit communications plans, position papers, speeches, bylined articles, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Drive discussions and develop creative briefs to tell our story across a variety of media, including videos, presentations and events.
- Design and manage editorial calendar for internal and external audiences.
- Ensure message alignment and integration across the organization’s robust communications ecosystem.
- Measure the effectiveness of communication programs and initiatives and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
What you’ll need:
A passion for servant leadership.
Proven ability to establish trusted relationships at the senior executive level.
Ability to decode corporate speak and write clear and persuasive “human” content that engages a wide range of stakeholders.
Natural disposition to work with urgency and limited guidance from your supervisor.
How you work:
Collaboratively and cross-functionally. You’re known for your ability to influence without authority.
Efficiently. You’re a productive juggler with capacity to manage multiple projects while maintaining superior attention to detail.
Confidently and proactively. You can quickly adapt to changing priorities and lead in times of ambiguity. You know when to escalate and can provide the counsel needed to agree on a plan.
Inclusively and with humility. You encourage diversity of thought and gather feedback judiciously, and you know when to adjust your approach and when to follow your initial vision.
Creatively. You quickly tire of the status quo and instead are a standout idea generator.
With natural curiosity. You’re interested in communication trends, industry news, cultural influencers and competitive benchmarks. You have a pulse on top-of-mind issues for a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior writing skills and the ability to turn a high-quality, first draft fast.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier business and trade media and conferences.
- Event management experience, specific to executive support.
- Experience in executive thought leadership and social media strategy and management.
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint is a plus; still photography experience is a plus; audio and video editing experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience developing short-form contentfor multiple audiences and channels, ideally in a fast-paced political campaign or media relations setting.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.