Essential/Primary Job Duties:
* Assist the Deputy Director of Compliance with developing, administering and maintaining the Bank's Compliance Management Program and Regulatory Change Matrix in order to ensure compliance with all consumer protection laws as well as state and federal regulations.
* Supervise compliance professionals, which includes managing, training, assignments, and overseeing work of applicable staff for accuracy, completeness, relevancy, and adherence to standards. Responsible for performance and coaching of staff, development of team goals and objectives and ensuring performance targets are met. Train staff on regulations, risk assessments, project management, internal controls, testing tools and techniques, compliance standards, processes and procedures.
* Perform targeted compliance reviews, control enhancement projects, and risk mitigation initiatives. Establish those activities subject to coverage, evaluate their significance, and assess the degree of inherent risk of the activity.
* Develop, update and perform risk assessments, including the design and execution.
* Develop, maintain and revise the Banks' compliance policies and procedures.
* Serve as the subject matter expert in lending compliance for the bank's lines of business.
* Evaluate and monitor consumer complaints to identify trends, root cause, regulatory impact, sufficiency of Bank policy and procedures as well as internal change(s) necessary to mitigate future risks.
* Lead applicable committees and/or work groups to assure effective regulatory change management related to lending regulations while collaborating with affected business units.
* Interpret regulatory requirements, the impact of legislative changes, and effectively communicate the potential impact to affected business lines to ensure they are fully informed. Conduct gap analysis for associated business units.
* Review regulatory risks associated with new business initiatives, new products/services and process changes identifying conditions required to comply with applicable rules and regulations.
* Prepare comprehensive reports and summaries for management, applicable committees and the board which identifies significant developments, vulnerability/risks, testing results, key risk indicators, root cause, and initiatives underway.
* Advise the lines of business of options and alternative methods of remediating regulatory compliance issues identified through self-assessments, compliance monitoring, compliance testing, internal audits and regulatory examinations.
* Develop and manage strong working relationships with the business units.
* Provide input regarding compliance concerns relevant to the products and services currently offered by the Banks and to changes to the products and services currently offered by the Banks.
* Oversight of the Banks' financial education of the assigned programs.
* Coordinate with regulatory agency examiners during examinations.
* Collaborate with and assist the first line of defense in the identification and documentation of relevant monitoring activities as well as achieving regulatory compliance.
* Review marketing materials as well as Bank forms and disclosures to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
* Prepare and compile data for applicable audits/examinations. Assess results from internal and external audits and supply timely responses to address, refute and/or mitigate the finding(s).
* Partner with business liaisons and compliance counterparts to maintain open communication and successful working relationships.
* Research regulatory issues and respond to compliance questions from Bank personnel, using legal and regulatory reference materials, regulatory agencies, Bank legal counsel and professional associations/organizations, as appropriate.
* Communicate openly, honestly and with transparency ensuring commitment to the Bank's values and principles.
* Pursue professional development via professional associations, certifications, and internal/external trainings such as seminars, webinars, and roundtables. Maintain relationships with other outside compliance professionals.
* Travel as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to remain in a sitting or standing in stationary position for extended periods of time
* Require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing on an electronic keyboard
* Operate a computer and other office machinery for extended periods of time
* Ability to lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds
EOE Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Minimum Qualifications and Education Required:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
* At least 18 years of age
* Seven (7) or more years' experience in financial services required.
* Minimum of five (5) years' previous bank compliance experience required.
* One to three (1-3) years' of management experience required.
* Strong foundation and business experience of compliance regulations specifically related to lending areas of a financial institution, which includes, but is not limited to, Fair Lending (Reg. B and FHA), MLA, SCRA, Reg. C, Reg. F, Reg. G, Reg. N, Reg. O, Reg. V, Reg. X, Reg. Z, Reg. BB, FCRA, Flood Insurance Regulations, UDAAP, and industry trends and "best practices".
* Exemplary analytical, technical, and complex problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
* Strong leadership capabilities and organizational skills: ability to effectively prioritize tasks, follow up, and produce consistently accurate work in adherence to deadlines.
* High ethical standards: excellent judgement, logic and reason.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration and time management skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with all levels of personnel, and take personal accountability for actions and work product.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must work under minimal supervision and utilize available resources.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
* CRCM preferred.
* Must successfully pass background investigation according to company policy.