Title: Senior Configuration and Data Manager Support (SOF/17)
Job Location: Wright Patterson AFB, OH
Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Configuration and Data Management Support role on Wright Patterson AFB supporting The Air Force (AF) Program Executive Officer (PEO) for Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) & Special Operations Forces (SOF) has the collective Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) mission responsibility to equip our ISR & SOF warfighters to dominate the battlespace. In order to meet current and projected workload requirements in support of AFPEO/ISR&SOF, the Government must augment its organic (military and civil service) capabilities at Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) ISR & SOF Directorate (AFLCMC/WI) with Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) support.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Support the full range of Configuration Management (CM), Data Management (DM) and Engineering Data Management (EDM) to include data rights, Deficiency Reporting (DR) and Scientific and Technical Information (STINFO) actions required to accomplish specifically assigned work for individual task orders.
- Interface and assist in coordinating activities with Division and higher-level management, CM/DM Chief, IPT Leaders, the various project officers, other outside program offices, various IPT members and Defense Contract Management Agency.
- Assist in processing nomenclature and Computer Program Identification Number (CPIN) requests, and by tracking the requests through the appropriate Government agencies for a response back to the customer.
- Provide advisory assistance and draft documentation support in the preparation and conduct of Configuration Control Boards (CCB). Contractor shall assist in maintaining change proposal files and assist in providing historical information.
- Assist in managing the modification effort to ensure that Airworthiness Certification in support of Operational Safety, Suitability, and Effectiveness (OSS&E) policy and guidance is implemented and tracked in each applicable contract modification. Assist in reviewing airworthiness documentation as it applies to configuration/data management.
- Assist the program manager by receiving and providing advisory reviews of Statements of Work and ECPs for adequacy and proper implementation of airworthiness certification and configuration management practices. Communicate potential risks/concerns; identify areas of need, etc., to the Government for consideration.
- Perform reviews of change document files to ensure accuracy and completeness. Report any identified problems or deficiencies, and take corrective action upon Government review/consideration.
- Assist in providing technical advisory and administrative support to review change proposals for compliance with Government requirements and proper configuration management practices while assessing impacts and providing comments and recommendations for Government review and dispositions.
- Assist by reviewing the weapon system contractor’s Engineering Release System, Software Development Library, and software configuration management practices.
- Participate in formal technical reviews (such as PDR and CDR) of contract end items and in Manufacturing/Production Readiness Reviews.
- Assist in providing technical and administrative support to the Status Accounting Function.
- Assist in maintaining status accounting records and databases pertaining to identification documents, such as specifications, parts lists, Version Description Documents, SCNs and change control documents (e.g., ACSNs, ECPs, CCPs, and RFD/RFW/Variances).
- Assist in providing contract data management support. Provide advisory assistance and draft documentation support for data users and requesters with the selection and tailoring of Data Item Descriptions (DIDs).
- Assist in conducting data reviews. Contractor support shall include coordinating inputs from Program Office/IPT functional personnel into draft CDRLs, preparing draft data review documentation, participating as an advisor in data reviews, drafting data review minutes, and maintaining a status of action items through closure.
- Assist in the preparation of the Materiel Improvement Project Review Board (MIPRB) membership, agenda, and minutes; act as secretariat, and supports the MIPRB Chairperson as required.
- Active Secret clearance required
- Master’s degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of work experience in a field relevant to their functional area may be substituted for a Master’s Or a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience plus a Bachelor’s degree relevant to their functional area may be substituted for a Master’s
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience must have been performed on federal Government acquisition programs/projects
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Forms, SharePoint, MS Project, Air Force Generation, Receiving, Integrated Tracking System (AFGRITS), Multi-User Engineering Change Proposal Automated Review System (MEARS), Joint Deficiency Reporting System (JDRS), Acquisition Streamlining and Standardization Information System (ASSIST), Automated Computer Program Identification Number System (ACPINS), Joint Engineering Data Management Information and Control System (JEDMICS), Joint Electronics Type Designation Automated System (JETS), and Portals (AF, SOF, etc.) to prepare spreadsheets, briefings, figures, graphics, tables, forms, and papers, providing finished products in technical and non-technical both classified and unclassified, in the media and format requested.
- Capable of working on high-visibility or mission-critical aspects of a given program and shall be able to independently perform the most complicated and technical support tasks relevant to all tasks in PWS that relate to the functional discipline
- Must have experience and capability to support the assigned tasks and lead journeymen and junior level support personnel
- Wright Patterson AFB, OH
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- Vacation/paid time off
- On Site Cafeteria
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Military Leave
- Professional Development