Senior Construction Project Manager - Gigafactory, Nevada
- Job Category
- Sparks, Nevada
- Req. ID
- Job Type
As a Sr. Construction Manager, you will be playing a critical role in construction in our facility in Sparks, NV. You will have opportunity to manage a diverse team of construction managers, including trades and subcontractors, while working cross-functionally with infrastructure engineering, procurement, manufacturing engineering, project controls, end users, and executive teams. The ideal candidate for this role will have in-depth experience building high-tech mega projects and be comfortable leading and inspiring large teams.
- Lead or manage a large, diverse construction management team.
- Develop and set into motion, innovative plans that reduce budget and/or condense schedule.
- Present ideas and plans to executive leaders.
- Understand and lead construction and startup systems and sequences and review designs for constructability.
- Quickly respond to queries and resolve any technical barriers to completion.
- Work with procurement team to create biddable work packages and verify contractor bids against cost/schedule estimates.
- Develop communicate, and improve upon plans for logistics and other project plans.
- Interface with engineering team, construction team, contracts, and commissioning team.
- Develop templates and standards for future phases/projects.
- Enforce and maintain high quality standards for engineering drawings and for field installations by contractors.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Construction, Engineering or Technical Field and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- At least 10 years of experience leading work and/or construction teams for mega and high tech projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to spend a high percentage of time in the field and to get hands dirty as needed to complete objectives or find the correct information.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Willingness to travel as needed