The Senior Project Manager will work in a fast paced environment supporting construction professionals and ResponsiveEd facilities staff. The PM will provide direction and management to construction projects including building additions, new buildings, and renovations. The PM will ensure compliance with planning and zoning requirements, provide project construction management, procurement, design, management, closeout, controls and scheduling support for multiple construction projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or another related field, or five years in-depth program K-12 project management experience in design/construction of facility capital projects.
- O.S.H.A. 30 Hour Construction Safety Card
- Clear and valid Texas driver license and acceptable driving record according to Texas standards for school bus drivers
- 3+ years of successful experience in K-12 construction.
- 5+ years of successful experience in general construction, architecture engineering or similar activity preferably in educational school and/or government construction.
- Microsoft Projects, other scheduling software, Procore, along with Microsoft Office applications experience (preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of various construction procurement methods available to Texas public schools
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, and codes applicable to health and safety and construction processes, products and equipment.
- Knowledge of technical design guidelines and educational specifications.
- Requires excellent organizational and communication skills and personal relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, campus staff, contractors, architects, and consultants. Accuracy and detail-oriented and able to manage multiple simultaneous projects, tasks, and requests within tight and fixed deadlines
- Able to work independently, estimate time required to complete projects, follow up on assignments, and keep appropriate team members up to date on progress, and to have the judgment to know when to seek direction or support
- Commitment to customer service and relationship management skills to efficiently respond to inquiries and resolve any conflicts or problems that might arise
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to influence outcomes and build consensus
- Demonstrated ability to be a contributing member of an organizational team
- Functional in standard office applications/systems (word processing, spreadsheets, internet, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the VP of Construction and Real Estate in reviewing, investigating and coordinating building modification requests with the campus staff, Maintenance, and School Services departments.
- Manage consultants to develop plans and specifications and procurement as required for all projects including new schools, additions and remodels.
- Oversee, manage and coordinate with outside consultants, contractors and district personnel the construction of projects from inception through completion and warranty phase.
- Manage updating document inventory, document controls, project accounting for district projects, managing the updating of appropriate drawings and documents after work has been completed for as-built documents.
- Oversee and coordinate with consultants, including architects and engineers for overall project management of projects assigned from inception, design through construction administration and project closeout.
- Manage the coordination and administration of all phases of the district's design and construction bond projects.
- Continually refine and develop district design and construction standards and educational specifications.
- Manage the coordination, research, cost estimates, and schedules associated with all renovations and new construction projects recommended and approved as part of district projects.
- Assist with review and value engineering options for all construction documents prior to issuance to contractors to ensure compliance with budget, building program and district facilities standards.
- Report status of projects to the Vice President level.
- Complies with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rules and district local and legal board policies and administrative regulations.
- Maintain safety standards in conformance with Federal, State and insurance regulations.
- Prepare ongoing reports regarding special project requests and status of projects in the narrative, spreadsheet, and/or presentation formats.
- Assist in communicating information regarding district facilities, long-range capital plans, and construction projects to district personnel
- Exhibit personal leadership skills characterized by good judgment and logical thinking.
- Adhere to professional channels of communication
- Assist with the formulation of district design standards for facility modifications
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Personal computer, office equipment and personal protective equipment. All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
Continual walking and standing; lifting and carrying; climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching; Work inside and Outside, exposed to extremes in temperature and humidity, dust, fumes, and odor. Exposure to mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. Workaround moving objects and vehicles. Occasional district and statewide travel: occasional prolonged and irregular hours
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.