Senior Project Manager
For over 50 years C. S. McCrossan has provided heavy highway and bridge construction services to state, county and municipal departments of transportation to help build and improve the region s transportation infrastructure. We are committed to managing our resources for the benefit of our clients and employees, and providing the highest standard of quality and safety in the completion of our projects.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 10 years
- Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The Senior Project Manager provides strategic project management for multiple highway/heavy construction projects typically in excess of $20M. The position is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of complex construction projects. Successful job performance will require cooperation and coordination with the project management team in the planning and execution of the job. The Senior Project Manager plans, administers, and supervises estimating and construction activities associated with Company construction projects; and must have a thorough knowledge of the owner s/agency s standard specifications for construction, including a complete understanding of MN/DOT s Standard Specifications.
- 4 year Civil Engineering/Construction Management degree or equivalent combination in technical training and experience
- Minimum 10 years project management experience or demonstrated senior level competencies
- Heavy Highway Construction industry experience preferred
- Design Build experience preferred
- Alternative procurement experience, including writing proposals
- Safety – Advanced knowledge of, adherence to, and enforcement of construction industry safety policies and practices.
- Business Acumen - Demonstrated experience/knowledge of construction operations, highway/heavy equipment use, financial acumen, and purchasing required.
- Leadership – Ability to provide work leadership for project team, delegate appropriate tasks, keep work group motivated and engaged in work and demonstrate company values to meet company and project goals and objectives.
- Communication - Demonstrated oral and written communication skills including the ability to facilitate meetings, make effective presentations, and write proposals.
- Computer Literacy - Expert knowledge of Company software for estimating (B2W), job cost (Vista) and scheduling (P6).
- Team Work - Ability and willingness to work, coordinate and cooperate with other departments/divisions of the Company. Ability to work cooperatively with other estimating staff to produce a competitive, accurate, mistake free bid and function as lead estimator.
- Industry Knowledge – A thorough knowledge of the Highway Heavy Construction industry and all related engineering standards and requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervision - Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and training to ensure ongoing successful performance improvement of personnel; as well as evaluating employee job performance.
- Estimating - Using the Contractor s software package (B2W), Company cost history, and the manager s own experience, prepare accurate and complete estimates through the review of plans and specifications, quantity takeoffs, crew selection and productivity, vendor and subcontractor quote management, and Company guidelines for overhead and margin.
- Pre-Construction - Select subcontractors and vendors, prepare project schedules, determine project staffing needs, set up budgets, determine potential liability claims for projects and develop project specific safety plans.
- Construction - Coordinate construction phases to prevent delays and resolve conflicts; ensure that work is performed to specification, on schedule, within budget. Ensure job cost reports and pay estimates are accurate and timely. Review and approve subcontractor and vendor payments; negotiate and process extra work claims, change orders, and supplemental agreements and value engineering concepts. Ensure compliance with all environmental, safety and quality standards and regulations. Ensure orderly appearance of job-site and proper use of equipment.
- Post-Construction - Ensure that all project close-out requirements are met in a timely fashion; evaluate results.
- Ability to work in an office setting as well as outdoors in all kinds of weather on an active highway/heavy construction site. This includes time standing or walking on uneven ground; lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects and carry tools and equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction). Must be able to hear warning signals and alarms.
- Workload may include travel and may require extended hours, including weekends and / or nights.
Safety Responsibilities Knowledge of and compliance with all Company safety requirements, policies and safety training. Ensure safe working conditions, and assist the Company Safety Director in investigating and resolving all claims arising from the project.
Thank you for your interest in this position with C. S. McCrossan. To submit a resume and cover letter, please click the apply button above.
C. S. McCrossan