ERM is looking for a motivated, hands-on Senior Project Manager to join our growing Contaminated Site Management team in Anchorage Alaska. Working under the direction of program managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting site projects throughout Alaska and other US locations, with task/project management duties.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts within Alaska and the wider North American business to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies as well as more sustainable approaches. Experience and familiarity with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) is preferred.
- Manage projects involving site investigation and remediation of soil, groundwater, sediments, and free-phase product for clients with complex technical/regulatory issues in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Plan and oversee field work, including sampling, drilling, well installation, soil, groundwater and free-phase product assessment, vapor intrusion assessment, remedial pilot tests, and remedial system construction oversight.
- Design and negotiate remedial solutions for contaminated soil and ground water, using innovative and emerging remedial treatment technologies as well as traditional systems.
- Manage due diligence assessments consistent with ASTM Phase I standards and other global protocols, including broad-based compliance assessments, and follow-on Phase II environmental site assessments.
- Manage multiple projects within client’s scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project team members and mentor junior staff.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with ERM employees, clients, and subcontractors.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in engineering, geology, environmental science, or related discipline.
- 8 to 10 years experience, with progressive project management experience for complex site investigation/remediation projects under a variety of local, state, and federal regulatory structures (e.g., CERCLA and RCRA).
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidates with Arctic experience are preferred.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!