Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Contracts Manager
PAE is seeking a Sr. Contracts Manager for the Fort Worth, TX location. The portfolio will consist primarily of major service contracts with the U.S. Department of State (DoS) and Department of Defense (DoD). In addition to meeting all of the necessary qualifications of a contracts professional, the selected candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic and high-energy environment. Short-term International travel is expected up to 10%.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure contract compliance and contract administration; develop initiatives to increase profitability and cash; establish and maintain excellent customer relations, both internally and externally; and develop business strategies for new business opportunities.
- Advise management of contractual rights, obligations and risks.
- Compile and analyze data; and maintain historical information
- Manage, participate in and conduct contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Team with the Operations and Business Management teams to monitor, assess and accurately report, both internally and externally, on Project cost, schedule, risks and opportunities.
- Participate in proposal preparation as an integral member of the team with special emphasis on reviewing contract terms and risks, contributing to pricing strategy and assisting the PMO to develop mitigation strategies for proposal submittals.
- Serve as primary point of contact for both internal and external customers on all contractual matters to include preparing and disseminating information throughout the company regarding contract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, and termination.
- Ensure communication is maintained for timely contract execution by the parties.
- Analyze and interpret federal government regulations including FAR, DFARS and other agency supplements and apply knowledge to perform sophisticated risk analysis for new and ongoing opportunities.
- Ensure final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Assist in training about contract practices and negotiations to company personnel.
- Act as advisor regarding legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations to management
- Lead and develop a team of contracts professionals to include providing technical guidance, effective management and conducting regular personnel performance assessments
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Business, or a related discipline coupled with 8+ years’ contract administration experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience directly managing prime contracts with the Department of State and/or Department of Defense relating to operations and maintenance (O&M), life support, logistics, professional engineering and/or construction services performed in locations outside the United States.
- Experience negotiating contracts with United States Government.
- Expertise in FAR and DFARS.
- Experience with varying contract types: fixed-price, cost, cost-reimbursable, time and material and incentive type contracts is required.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting, effective writing is required.
- Well-developed communication skills with ability to interface with multiple levels of operations personnel, functional staff and direct-reports are required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to OCONUS, potentially austere locations on short-term assignments as needed to support the project(s). (Note: No more than 10% of time is expected to be spent OCONUS)
- Advance degree (MA, MBA, JD)
- CFCM Certification
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.