The Senior Controller/Senior Director of Finance manages the operation of the accounting department by providing leadership, guidance and support. Thi position performs a wide variety of complex professional accounting duties in the analysis, preparation, and maintenance of financial records and reports for Mass Markets programs and business activities in accordance with standard policies, legal requirements, and professional standards; leads other accounting personnel, as assigned.
This is a full-time executive management position.
Maintain strong internal controls environment, including the compliance to company standards, policies, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. They are responsible for period, quarter and end of year closing, forecasting, auditing and ensuring proper controls are in place to mitigate risks for the organization. Core work activities include, but not limited to, supervising a staff of on-site Finance and Accounting (F&A) professionals, business partnering with various stakeholders to meet financial objectives, financial statement review and analysis, and compliance of accounting controls.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data
- Auditing and Reconciliation - The ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data, and create flow charts on main accounting and control cycles (A/R, AP, Cash) to facilitate understanding of key control points.
- General Finance and Accounting - The ability to perform bookkeeping procedures, proficiently use financial systems technology, and accurately complete general ledger entries; knowledge of database structures in order to obtain financial queries; establish Cash flow statements and cash flow forecast with a good understanding the financials flows and the working capital needs.
- Analysis - The ability to create and maintain spreadsheets as well as analyze and summarize financial data using appropriate financial software.
- Accounting Knowledge - Knowledge of general accounting principles and current company accounting policies and procedures. This includes general accounting and financial reporting, auditing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Accounting and Internal Control Knowledge - Knowledge of local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (local GAAP), Marriott International Policies (MIP), and International Standard Operating Procedures (ISOPs).
- Legal - Ability to read and understand basic contract elements, e.g. royalty fees, management agreement, terms, priorities and profit distribution.
- Auditing Skills - The ability to perform auditing procedures, including the ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data.
- Payroll Systems - Knowledge of local payroll reporting and tax requirements, ability to effectively record wages/tax liabilities, and operate payroll software applications, including understanding the features and functions of the applications.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable - Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes, including knowledge of sub ledger reconciliation and controls.
The ideal candidate for this role would share and understand the high growth objectives of Mass Markets. Demonstrated ability in a controller or senior accountant role a must. The right candidate will exhibit good business judgment and acumen and be both confident and flexible in their views. This position will require the ability to work with multiple business units to acquire operational knowledge and execute on departmental initiatives. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience required
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates ability to successfully plan, organize and manage projects
- Detail-oriented, excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, organized, able to prioritize and work independently
- Experience building successful working relationships with C-level executives
- Prior knowledge and experience of QuickBooks and ADP
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screening
At Mass Markets we believe that hard work should pay off, so we make sure that our compensation and rewards are exceptional. Our people are not just employees; they are our business, our most important resource! Regular reviews and raises are awarded based on tenure and performance, so our employees make more each year.
Employees earn generous paid time off as well as paid holiday’s and paid training opportunities.
Regular daily, weekly and monthly incentives are part of the overall compensation our team members enjoy and include cash uploads to company issued Visa card, prizes such as computers, tablets, phones, TV’s, trips, tickets and even cars.
All employees are eligible for MEC medical plans after 30 days and group medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days. Optional Roth IRA retirement accounts, Term Life Insurance and Whole Life Insurance plans are available to all employees each open enrollment period.
As a 15-year old organization and Anything-as-a-Service pioneer, Mass Markets offers comprehensive XaaS solutions for our customers. Beyond traditional customer service, inside sales, telemarketing, and tech support services, Mass Markets provides Managed Services Platform Products (MSPP) specializing in cloud technology, telephony software, and integration on-demand, as well as Multiple Contact Center Software Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) options.
Mass Markets operates exclusively in the USA to provide clients with comprehensive security measures, quality control, and extensive experience.
For more information visit www.massmarkets.com