PBF Energy Inc. (NYSE:PBF) is one of the largest independent refiners in North America, operating, through its subsidiaries, oil refineries and related facilities. We are a growing organization seeking a talented Senior Coordinator, Loss Control to join our team as pivotal member that would play a key role here at PBF Energy.
The Senior Coordinator, Loss Control will oversee and approve all custody transfer hydrocarbon measurement practices primarily related to the Martinez refinery, including oversight of independent inspection company performance, and all hydrocarbon receipts and shipments, including marine, pipeline, rail and truck. Aligned with this responsibility, the Loss Control Coordinator will assist PBF operations and facilities to ensure compliance with PBF and applicable industry measurement standards, regulatory requirements and third party contractual agreements.
- Responsible for independent inspection company oversight, job performance, and compliance with refinery safety and security requirements at the Martinez refinery.
- Review and approve with independent inspection companies all marine movements associated with Martinez, and maintain electronic files for all confirmed marine movements.
- Witness shore tank calibrations at the Martinez refinery, and maintain the Master Tank Data Sheet.
- Maintain process to ensure tank strapping tables are current and distributed as necessary.
- Witness weigh scale calibrations, meter provings, calibration of provers and perform verification of all related calculations. Records will also be maintained for the purposes of trending, troubleshooting and optimization.
- Coordinate periodic refinery hydrocarbon inventories using independent inspection companies.
- Responsible for ensuring all documentation is satisfactory and readily available to meet US Customs’ requirements, and as required will be designated as the refinery “measurement expert.”
- Perform or assist with investigations related to measurement discrepancies associated with the Martinez refinery and related load or discharge facilities.
- Perform or assist with measurement related audits and assessments of independent inspection companies, and any PBF or third party facilities where custody transfer takes place, including support of internal SOX and measurement audits.
- Periodically provide measurement and sampling training to Operations personnel.
- Provide support to inspection company personnel regarding marine vessel compartment cleanliness.
- Access and utilize refinery based movements automation systems such as TIS and PI, for trending and troubleshooting movements.
- Provide support related to measurement issues and incidents associated with other marine transfers on the West Coast, including periodic meetings, attendance and visits.
- Periodically provide management summary gain loss reports, and assist with Martinez refinery Mass Balance.
- Provide input for new and existing measurement equipment and processes.
- 10 years petroleum and crude oil marine measurement experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical discipline, or related experience in a petroleum testing lab and measurement in refining or terminal operations.
- Must possess strong communications, analytical, organizational and negotiating skills for working with all levels within the organization, and third party terminals, pipelines and contractors.
- Job requires a flexible schedule based on business requirements, 24 hours/day, 365 days/year, and must be able to physically climb shore tanks and board marine vessels. Approximately 20% travel and field presence anticipated. Exposure to elements also involved.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS
Please note – We thank all respondents for their interest in PBF Energy, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of PBF via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of PBF. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PBF Energy Company as a result of the referral or through other means. PBF is an equal opportunity employer. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.