Onsite work only: Franklin, Tennessee
Are you stuck in a J-O-B? Do you look forward to Fridays rather than Mondays? Then you just need to find your why. Our mission is to provide biblically based, common-sense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life. Our mission is why we wake up excited to be game on every Monday morning. It’s why we spend 40 hours a week away from our loved ones. We come to work to serve those outside of our walls. We exist to help those with financial struggles achieve financial peace. If what you’re doing isn’t giving you a sense of purpose and you want to join our crusade to change lives, apply today!
Our Creative Team at Ramsey Solutions is made up of 130+ creatives spanning across design, video, content, product/UX and project management (that’s a lot of creative energy in one place)! Yep, we’re a huge team—and we’re a world-class in-house agency that supports Ramsey’s 15+ business units and digital products. Our Content Development Team writes and edits everything that goes out of the company—from blog content and magazine articles to emails and training materials. If you’ve ever seen content from Ramsey Solutions, you’ve seen our work. And we need help getting all our commas, em dashes and ellipses in order!
Attention, grammar geeks! We’re looking for a highly skilled, detail-obsessed, professional copy editor with a great attitude and ridiculously high work ethic. Is that you? The perfect candidate has at least five years of experience in professional copy editing (i.e., not just editing your college roommate’s papers) and is comfortable with The Associated Press Stylebook and The Chicago Manual of Style. This is not an entry level position. Ideally, this is an editor with experience editing magazine articles, web content and marketing assets. We’re not looking for a writer who can edit. We’re looking for a copy editor who loves editing copy—period.
What Winning Looks Like:
- Ensure every written piece is edited and promptly returned to the original writer for finalization.
- Strive for mastery in The AP Stylebook, The Chicago Manual of Styleand Ramsey Solutions’ own writing style standards.
- Demonstrate proficiency in editing electronically with Microsoft Word’s “Track Changes” feature. Familiarity with Adobe InCopy is a plus.
- Serve as fact-checker to verify the accuracy of statistics, Scripture references, names, dates, phone numbers, addresses, URLs, etc. in every written piece.
- Make sure all written content is in line with Ramsey Solutions’ message, statistics, tone and voice.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Ramsey Solutions’ writing style standards.
Skills Needed to Win:
- 5–7 years of professional copy editing experience
- Working knowledge of AP and/or Chicago Style Guides
- Copy editing certification preferred
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with writers, marketers, content strategists and team leaders
- An open mind and teachable spirit: We don’t edit like other companies, so sometimes we break the rules. (But you have to know the rules in order to break them.)
About Ramsey Solutions:
- We’re a debt-free company that was founded in 1992 by Dave Ramsey.
- We have over 900 team members who are 100% dedicated to our mission.
- We believe collaboration, innovation and a shared sense of mission come from being present with each other. That’s why all of our team members work together under one roof at our headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee.
- Ramsey Solutions was recognized by Inc. Magazine as a Best Workplace in the nation for 2020.
And by the way, we're not stuffy or corporate around here. Here are some of the perks and benefits at Ramsey Solutions:
- A 401(k) match of 4% after one year as a team member (you can still contribute in the first year)
- Health insurance on day one with a $500 HSA match every year
- One fully paid workweek of ministry time after one year to volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Generous PTO and paid sick time off
- We prioritize work-life balance and rarely exceed a 40-hour work week
- Weekly devotionals with world-renowned speakers, pastors and authors
- $300/year to put toward achieving your fitness goals
- Casual dress and work environment
It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to change lives. Join the crusade! Apply now.