Our client is seeking a bi-lingual English/Japanese, Sr. Corporate Accountant with superior analytical and problem-solving skills, detail-oriented and organized, and advanced knowledge of MS Excel skills.
The position will be located in our Buford, GA office, and will be reporting to the Assistant Division Manager-Corporate Finance and Accounting.
The core function of the Sr. Corporate Accountant will be to perform complex accounting assignments to maintain the Company general ledger and related accounting systems according to accounting standards and principles.
The Sr. Corporate Accountant Will:
- Liaison between their HQ in Japan and their GA location on all financial business matters.
- Interact as needed with their Family Group companies to exchange information on financial business matters and respond to requests for information.
- Provide back-up for company financial requisition systems review and approvals.
- Review accounts payable and accounts receivable to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to established policies and procedures. Verify that transactions are coded and posted correctly to the general ledger and sub ledgers. Prepare adjusting journal entries to make corrections when necessary. Provide guidance and direction to accounting clerks in processing transactions.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, including suspense accounts, reserve accounts, and cash accounts. Prepare account analysis and reconciliation packages with supporting schedules.
- Conduct month-end closing. Prepare reconciliations or reviews the work of others to ensure that accounts are accurate and closed per schedule. Prepares and reviews inter-company reconciliations with the other locations.
- Assist accounting management in the preparation of mid-year and annual accounting audit schedules and analyses for external audit. Respond to external auditor inquiries and provide documentation, as required. Participate in tests of key controls.
- Draft procedures for Corporate Accounting functions and update related SOX documentation. Recommend and implement methods and controls to resolve procedural issues or to improve Corporate Accounting processes.
- Update accounting systems with financial data and verify output and reports.
- Prepare financial reports including balance sheets, income statements and supplemental schedules.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of other employees
- Daily interaction with internal management and staff in corporate accounting, cost accounting, business planning, and other internal departments. Interaction normally involves exchanging information and giving guidance and direction on accounting policies and procedures.
- May represent functional area on task forces, requiring the need to gain cooperation and influence others.
Corporate Accountant, Sr. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required.
- Ability to discuss Accounting/Finance/Business related matters in a professional manner in both English and Japanese, required
- 5+ years’ experience with general ledger accounting experience required. Corporate manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical, multi-tasking, problem solving, research, organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills.
- Consistent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees and external auditors.
- Proven characteristics of confidentiality, ethics and integrity and leadership skills.
- Pro-active attitude with regard to identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, with the ability to use complex formulas for data analysis.
- Working knowledge using ERP Accounting Software and Programs.
- Thorough knowledge of a broad range of accounting practices and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).