Accepting Applications Until 4/15/19
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the financial management team. The Senior Corporate Accountant is a member of the corporate finance team and provides support in the preparation of financial audits, closing processes, management of internal controls, and development of financial policies. The Senior Corporate Accountant will work closely with the Corporate Controller and will assist with special projects in addition to the responsibilities listed below.
PPL strives to create long-term stability for the individuals in our communities. The most effective way to promote long-term self-reliance is by stabilizing the economics of a household. When we stabilize a household economically, we help set the stage for long-term success. Through PPL’s employment readiness programs, participants are able to build employment skills that will put them on the path to a career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Corporate Accountant position will be used flexibly to support the various needs of the organization and our key business:
- Work with Corporate Controller on special projects related to process improvement, financial statement review, and accounting system utilization.
- Prepare a monthly revenue summary recapping the contributing income received in the current month, and work with Development and External Affairs to forecast future activity.
- Conduct balance sheet review and account reconciliation in conjunction with month end close.
- Assist Corporate Controller with covenant reporting and financial inquiries.
- Serve as backup for bank reconciliations, accounting activities related to payroll, and cash receipts.
- Execute work paper preparation and account reconciliation for the audit for both our corporate and property financials.
- Review AR and allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Assist with the annual budget process as needed, including gathering information from programs, uploading information into the accounting systems, reviewing for clerical accuracy, and setting up standard entries.
- Provides support to the documentation of internal control, policies, and accounting procedures.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Flexibility with changes in work responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and work through projects with minimal oversight or instructions
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly learn multiple accounting systems
- High proficiency in Excel and MS Word
- Eye for detail in order to maintain an exceptional level of accuracy
- Possess interpersonal, organizational, decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness and commitment to engage in and dedicate time to developing personal cultural competency.
- Ability to handle confidential matters in a discreet and professional manner
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting, financial analysis, YARDI, and MAS is a plus
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant education preferred
- 2-5 years of financial accounting experience
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $60,000-$65,000, DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.