As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Corporate Communications Writer, Sr supports the creation of innovative internal and external communications to support organizational strategies of University of Minnesota Physicians. The ideal candidate will provide support in developing and implementing communication plans while promoting business, operational and employee initiatives through writing content for various communication channels, including digital platforms.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
1. Manages and implements projects related to internal and external communications to support M Physicians departments, programs and physicians.
- Tailors messaging for use in print and electronic media, presentations, and other communication channels as needs warrant.
- Fosters employee, physician and patient engagement
- Provides support for content creation and management of web and intranet platforms
2. Manages projects, develops production timelines, drives implementation while collaboration with marketing and communications team members, business leaders and partners, and vendors.
3. Researches topics, best practices and subject matter to ensure timely and appropriate solutions as well as ability to write accurate, on-target copy concepts for assigned projects. Creates and edits copy for internal and external communications.
4. Supports the development of strategy and assists with writing proposals, communications and marketing plans, as requested.
- Plans, writes and produces communication for external and internal audiences.
- Responsible for quick turnaround of critical announcements, such as alerts and notifications.
5. Works in partnership with Fairview and the University of Minnesota Medical School to coordinate efforts and support M Health Fairview
- Implements internal and external communications projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- Five years in marketing, communications or journalism. Two years in writing and program management. Knowledge/familiarity of healthcare industry.
- Computer literate. Fluency in using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Power Point. Solid editorial skills. Ability to serve as a communications resource.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Understanding of branding and public relations. Strong organizational skills. Influence and consulting skills. Collaboration skills. Strong relationship building skills.
Clinic Description: UMPhysicians
Location: 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Hours: 1.0 FTE
UMPhysicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.