Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Corporate Paralegal, Finance to join Ashland LLC at our headquarters in Wilmington, DE. This is a very significant role within Ashland and the corporate finance function. This position will report to the Group Counsel, Corporate & Securities Law.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the primary contact within the Law Department for detailed corporate information, liaising directly with other departments (Finance, Tax, Treasury, and other resource groups)
- Maintain GEMS (the web-based legal entity management software platform), and provide global legal entity organization charts and periodic reports to various internal departments and businesses, as well as external parties
- Manage relationships with Ashland’s corporate registered agent and various outside counsel including reviewing and approving invoices for these entities
- Support the corporate secretary function (drafting resolutions and minutes at the corporate and subsidiary levels; preparing documents for dissolution, change, or formation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies; and filing amendments to corporate organizational documents)
- Perform periodic due diligence related to Ashland’s various financing arrangements to ensure compliance with financing documents
- Review and revise various financing agreements, including hedging agreements, intercompany loans, guarantees, and other similar agreements
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 3+ years of corporate paralegal experience, either in a law firm or in-house
- Corporate and finance legal experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High ethical standards and proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively multi-task, juggle and prioritize many projects at one time
- Highly motivated and positive with ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Current U.S. work authorization*
The following skill sets are preferred for the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or its foreign equivalent
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and current eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Ashland will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.