Aerospace Dynamics International, Inc. (ADI) manufactures machined parts and assemblies for the commercial and military aerospace industries. It offers structural components, caps, panels, bulkheads, fittings, longerons, spars, chords, wing ribs, thrust reversers, structural machine parts, manufacturing tooling and stretch form blocks.
ADI was acquired by PCC in April 2014. The company has received significant capital investments since the acquisition. Comprised of seven facilities on its campus in Valencia, CA, ADI has over 450 full-time employees on staff.
The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of accounting assignments under general direction. The incumbent will plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard accounting techniques, procedures and practices.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepares financial reports
• Gathers historical costs data
• Gathers spending and labor productivity for weekly reporting of performance
• Helps provide information for daily P&L reports for all Departments
• Support SOX reporting and testing process
• Track inventory
• Coordinate audit requests with internal and external audit groups
• Run and maintain Daily Flex Report tracking department output, direct and indirect labor and variable cost. Analyzing and reporting Productivity, trends and causes
• Assist Controller with the preparation of journal entries and adjustments
• Supports preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting including weekly and monthly P&L package, financial quarterly review and quarterly operational review
• Automate reports in ERP System (Syteline)
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Able to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
• Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
• Able to use Microsoft Office applications; high level of skill in Excel.
• Moderate degree of understanding general accounting and cost accounting terminology.
• High level of understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP.)
• Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance policy.
• Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
• Experience with ERP systems for general accounting and consolidation purposes
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to successfully manage many issues/projects simultaneously
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of staff
• Able to work productively and independently
• SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) reporting experience is preferred
• Demonstrated understanding and application of U.S. GAAP
• Experience managing costs and budget preparation
Experience & Education
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA preferred
• Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10-billion-dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes 34 plants across North America, Mexico, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Noranco, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Click Here To Apply