Tenet Healthcare is seeking a Senior Counsel, Hospital Operations based in Dallas, TX
Tenet Healthcare, the nation s leading investor owned healthcare company is seeking an experienced healthcare attorney to join the company s legal team as Senior Counsel in the practice area of Hospital Operations. Based in either in Dallas or Nashville, this is a unique in house professional opportunity to function as the General Counsel to an assigned portfolio of Tenet s acute care hospitals and related healthcare entities. The Senior Counsel, Hospital Operations will provide legal advice to the company s hospital CEOs and executive teams on a wide variety of matters related to hospital operations including the review and analysis of all contractual arrangements/agreements between hospitals and other parties for compliance for Stark, anti-kickback and other fraud and abuse laws, EMTALA, HIPAA, antitrust laws, and any other regulatory requirements applicable to such arrangements.
The Senior Counsel will be responsible for:
- Structuring and reviewing hospital operations arrangements to comply with applicable laws;
- Reviewing and negotiating contractual arrangements with vendors, including outsourcing and clinical research agreements;
- Providing education and support on hospital regulatory matters including medical staff issues, adherence to company policy , alignment with company strategy and core values.
- Coordinating and collaboration with others in the Tenet Law Department and Tenet Home Office Departments to obtain input and approval of hospital operations arrangements, provide company-wide advice in areas of individual specialty and develop policies and practices to facilitate the highest levels of legal and ethical performance;
- Giving training presentations to hospital personnel on legal issues that pertain to hospital operations.
The successful candidate must have a strong customer service orientation, be self-motivated, organized, a team player and work well in high-energy, faced paced environment. He or she also must possess, a corporate presence, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the company, including top executives and outside counsel. Additionally, as this position will involve handling confidential matters the successful candidate must have good judgment and discretion.
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited institution
- Current license and Bar affiliation
- 5 plus years of experience in health care law, with direct experience in hospital operations law practice and working knowledge of federal healthcare regulations
- Prior large law firm experience is preferred
- Experience in health care related contract drafting and transactional matters
- Possess research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills
- Must be able to work independently but within a team framework
- Must have strong communication skills and be extremely responsive
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail and initiative.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, team player and work well in high-energy, faced paced environment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.