|Title||Senior Customer Experience Designer|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||GENERAL - M-F 8:30a-5:30p|
The Senior Customer Experience Designer is an experienced UX/UI designer who has successfully utilized story-driven development to create compelling user experiences for end-consumers. The Senior Customer Experience Designer will utilize excellent communication skills, work ethic, organizing work around experimentation and validated learning.
This collaborative role works in cross-functional teams aiming to solve complex business problems with a consistent and delightful user experience across all phases of the customer journey. This designer ensures that the Voice of the Customer is considered and integrated through the flows. The CX Designer is responsible for carrying out UX/UI design with the goal of identifying our users’ pain points and bounce points. This includes but is not limited to: creating an overarching look and feel for large scale projects, designing best in class visuals and UIs, creating site maps, wireframes, user flows, process flows, prototypes and analyzing the results to come out with actionable insights.
• Designs and conducts front-end development of digital web properties with an emphasis on providing an exceptional user experience using agility through responsive design.
• Utilize HTML code execution to prototype email marketing campaigns.
• Strategizes and owns the delivery of customer experiences across Bluegreen’s array of digital assets.
• Continuously updates and modifies Bluegreen’s digital properties.
• Ensures that digital creative execution meets marketing objectives, remaining in line with strict brand standards.
• Manages multiple projects simultaneously, identifies and addresses issues, meeting deadlines, while staying within scope.
• Identifies trends and actively improves the customer experience through the application of the latest in front-end development practices and technology.
• Creatively executes projects from concept to wireframes to finished designs.
• Researches and evaluates new related technologies and ensures optimal web designs that support Bluegreen’s communications strategies and goals.
• Collaborates with the Creative Director, development partners and other team members to complete projects
• Leads multiple projects to completion, considering the full context of the user experience, including business challenges, user needs and technological capabilities.
• Demonstrates exceptional visual and product design skills and a mastery of color, composition, form and story when completing projects.
• Ensures a consistent, unified user experience across all platforms, basing decisions on industry-standard methodologies, user research, visual patterns and style guides.
• Delivers production-ready UX designs in alignment with overarching business and CX goals.
• Rapidly drives progress of existing work to project completion.
• Works with the team to brainstorm and review designs collectively in a collaborative manner.
“Our goal is to improve the quality of work/life by providing equal employment opportunities for all candidates and team members. Bluegreen Vacations Corporation believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a broad candidate pool. We are a drug-free workplace, and if offered employment, candidate must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test. EOE/DFW”
|Requirements||BA/BS in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field or equivalent work experience|
5+ years of experience working on large-scale websites, native and web mobile applications, and content management systems.
Experience in owning a creative project from ideation to production. Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
Can demonstrate a strong portfolio that showcases aesthetic and UX/UI design skills.
Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, XD, or other design, wire-framing and prototyping tools.
Ability to design wireframes and prototypes that reflect the insights gained from UX research.
Ability to effectively communicate concepts and detailed solutions, both verbally and visually.
Up-to-date with the latest UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
Knowledge of usability factors in human computer interaction.
Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS for rapid prototyping.
Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Ability to create best practices around the creation and maintenance of design systems. Ability to share ideas openly, take direction and criticism and move forward to the next iteration.
Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
Story-mapping skills: the ability to tell the story of a design from end to end and map out the user’s journey.