For over 160 years, our Property and Casualty client has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE. Our Personal Lines Operations department is seeking a consultative, dynamic and experienced Sr. Customer Service Professional to join our growing team in a virtual - work from home environment!
As a member of our Customer Service Center team, you will work with our independent agents and their customers to create an outstanding service experience. This role is responsible for providing consultative service to our customers while also educating and offering personal lines P&C products. The right candidate must have the ability to answer simple to complex customer inquiries, process policy and billing changes and research and consult on coverage and policy related needs with our customers. By joining our team, you can expect to take part in a comprehensive training program that will prepare you for success. You will learn our service philosophy and receive system and skills training that will position you for career growth within our Personal Lines organization.
The successful candidate in this role has a Property and Casualty license and has the ability to service, cross sell and up sell in multiple states. They must have the ability to perform multiple tasks, including answering simple to complex customer inquiries, effectively resolving escalated and/or complicated customer concerns, process policy and billing changes, research and communicate underwriting guidelines and coverage requirements to agents and insureds. The person in this role will assist with the coaching and development of his/her peers by mentoring and training.
-Must have and maintain appropriate state license(s) and continuing education credits.
-Ability to handle all calls and make appropriate decision or take appropriate action with minimal assistance needed from other team members or departments.
-Counsels, educates and provides accurate insurance advice through research and resolving problems. Accurately relay information and make simple to very complex and involved decisions regarding coverages and rates using established underwriting guidelines, procedures and philosophy for multiple states.
-Ability to interpret and verify coverages and data.
-Must use established guidelines and techniques such as timeliness, quality and effectiveness to respond to all inquiries.
-Recommend and sell additional or increased coverage in appropriate situations and within specified carrier guidelines. Provide insurance quotes to policyholders as required.
-Review incoming written correspondence, request additional details when needed and draft written communications in response to service requests received from customers.
-Process policy change and policy issuance transactions online, received through various channels within specified guidelines; makes policy payment plan changes as necessary with minimal assistance. Responsible to follow through on all billing adjustments and changes to achieve customer (agent or insured) satisfaction.
-Recommend changes in systems/procedures/workflow to gain process efficiencies and meet changing customer needs. May perform other duties as required.
-Meet or exceed cross and up sell sales goals, support company sponsored sales incentive programs.
-Mentor to team members for product positioning and sales techniques.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Possesses strong customer service skills and behaviors
- Possess excellent sales skills
- Effective in cultivating strong business relationships through a clear focus on internal and external customers able to overcome obstacles, to be flexible and find common ground for a resolution
- Exhibits, positive attitude and patience when communicating with customers
- Takes ownership of issues and thrives on coming to an agreeable resolution
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills overall an effective communicator that can effectively influence and persuade others
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc.)
- Proficient using company systems (i.e. TAP Sales, EFO, etc.)
- Works under minimal supervision
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically has 2+ years of experience in Auto/Home/Umbrella.
- Must possess an active Personal Lines License.
- Remote (virtual) opportunity, must have high speed internet / WIFI to perform the role remotely.
- Must be able to operate within East Coast hours (EST).
- Must be able to work Mon-Fri and 1 Saturday shift rotation every 6-8 weeks.
- Working hours range: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM (shifts to be determined) EST.
Please apply with your up to date resume and contact information!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.