Job Title: Senior Cyber Security Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: Ft. Gordon, GA
ABOUT ISC Consulting Group
ISC is a Veteran Affairs Certified Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Sierra Vista, Arizona, with offices in Augusta, Georgia and Fullerton, California. Our mission is to enable superior decision making through information dominance. ISC provides advanced education, analytic and technical solutions within strategic DOD and commercial markets. We leverage the best minds and technologies to make a measurable difference
We specialize in delivering mission critical services within the Intelligence Community and the U.S. Military, as well as Federal Government and key commercial clients. ISC's core competencies include C5-ISR, IT Management Operations & Cyber Security, Instructional Solutions, Test & Evaluation Management Operation Services, and Big Data Business Intelligence and Data Analytics.
At ISC, our primary commitment is to provide client driven excellence. This is only possible because of our most important asset, our people. We are recognized by our team members as the best place to work and develop a career, serving our clients with pride and professionalism. Our corporate culture reiterates the importance of "Mission first, People always."
Contingent on Contract Award.
This requirement is to provide Information Technology services and support for enhancement, maintenance and security of the Cyber CoE G6's Network, Enterprise Level Solutions, and IT Services from the Unclassified to Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) classifications. The G6 will work to design, maintain, and secure IT solutions for the Cyber CoE.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Cyber Security expertise,includingfeasibilitystudies,technicalevaluation,justification,acquisition/procurement,installation,implementation,management, and administration of IT systems including virtualizedinfrastructuresandsystems(ex. VMWare andOpenStack).
- Provide technical support toInformation Systems Security Managers(ISSM)and ISSOs throughout the
- Maintainthe CCOE security posture with proper certificationandaccreditationprocedures/documentation/mitigation through continuousmonitoring of CAT Is andII/III
- Assistinthe administrationof an effective Cyber Security program that involves providing managementoforganizational risk advice, guidance, and Stay abreast on changestoJoint, DOD and Army doctrine as itpertainstocyber security andriskmanagement.Maintainup-to-date on IT newsregardingnetworksecurityandfuturetrendsinCyber Security (ex. cloudcomputingsecurity).
- Update, maintainand test theDisaster Recovery Plan and Continuity of Operation (COOP) toreflectchangesinthe IT
- Assistinthe coordination of vulnerabilityassessments,inspections, tests andreviews of theCCoE'sinformationsystems and
- Provide contactwith customers and mustmaintain good customerrelations as well as understandand apply the processes of IT project
- Createssystemrequirements,identifiesandassesses alternativesolutions, prepares therecommendationineitherdocument and/or briefingPresentsoptionsto the customerforimplementation.Sampleexpertiseincludesthe preparation of security policies,security plans, user's guides,system administrator guides, or network security design documents.
- Generateand/orcoordinatingthe compiling all document deliverables requiredforCertification & Accreditation(C&A)utilizingRMFmethodology
- Processes, tracksandmanages C&A packages into applicable systems(ex. eMASS).
- Identifyinformationprotection needsforthe Network Environment (NE).
- DefineNE security requirementsin accordance with applicable IA
- Provide systemrelatedinputon IA securityrequirementsto be includedinstatements of work andotherappropriateprocurement
- DevelopCrossDomain Solution(CDS)for use within a ComputingEnvironment(CE) or
- Developandimplementsecurity designs for new or existingnetworksystem(s).
- Designof hardware, operating systems,andsoftwareapplications adequately address IA security requirementsforthe
Design,develop, andimplement network security measures that provide confidentiality,
- Design,develop, andimplementspecificIAcountermeasuresforthe
- Developapproaches tomitigate NE vulnerabilitiesandrecommendchangesto network or networksystemcomponents as
- Ensurethatnetworksystem(s)designssupport theincorporation of DoD-directed IA vulnerability solutions,g.,IAVAs.
- EnsurecompliancewithIAarchitecturesanddesigns for DoD IS withmedium integrity andavailabilityrequirements,toincludeMAC II, systemswith a medium Level-of-Concernforavailability or integrityin accordance withReference (vu), andother DAA designated
- DevelopIA architecturesanddesignsfor JWICS and DIA systems processing SensitiveCompartmentedInformation (SCI).
- Assessthreatstoandvulnerabilitiesof the
- Identify,assess,and recommend IA or IA-enabled products forusewithin an NE;ensurerecommended products incompliancewith the DoD evaluation and validation
- Ensurethatthe implementation of security designs properly mitigateidentified
- Assessthe effectivenessofinformation protection measuresusedby the
- Evaluatesecurity architecturesanddesigns and provide input as tothe adequacy of securitydesignsandarchitectures proposed orprovidedinresponsetorequirementscontainedinacquisition or MILCON/MCA
- Ensuresecuritydeficienciesidentifiedduringsecurity/certificationtesting have been mitigated,corrected, or a riskacceptancehas been obtained bythe appropriate DAA or authorized
- Provide inputto IA C&A process activitiesandrelateddocumentation(e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations,operational procedures, andmaintenancetrainingmaterials).
- Participateinan IS risk assessment during the C&A process and design security countermeasurestomitigateidentified
- Provide engineering support tosecurity/certification test and evaluation
- Documentsystem securitydesignfeatures and provide inputtoimplementationplans and standard operating
- Recognizea possible security violation and take appropriate actionto report the
- Implementand/or integrate security measuresforusein network system(s)andensure that systemdesignsincorporatesecurity configuration
- Design,IntegrateandImplement NE andCEIApolicies into system
- AssistinAdministrativeTasks such as budget creation,accountcreation, task management,
- Executemonthlyreports (analyze users incompliance,monthlyIAAwareness/IANOmeeting,IA Inspections (engineer support toDAIG,CCRI, Cyber Awareness,etc)andinputto the quarterly Incident Handling report)
- Attendmeetingsdirectly related todutiesIAWPWStogaininsightand/or provide subject matterexpert(SME) Take legiblenotesand be able toprovidethem upon request.
- Provide support toIdentity and AccessManagement:(AccountMonitoring, PKI, PII breach,Insider Threat, CCOE SIPRNET Tokens issued andrequested);AssistswithLocalRegistrationAuthority/TrustedAgent(LRA/TA)dutiesfor SIPRNET tokentracking/issuance/administrativefunctionssuch as issuing/creatingtokens,tokenstatus reports, and
- Createand/ormaintainCCoE IT policies(includes SOPs, TTPs, etc)(CDRL A004)
- In depth Understanding of DoD 8500 seriesforInformationassuranceandCJCSM 6510 forIA/CND and CyberIncident Handling
- Havea minimumofseven (7) years of workexperiencein the area of InformationAssurance,Cyber/Information Security
- Minimumof1 year of experienceperforminghigh-volume analysis of logs, network and system data inone or more of thefollowingtools:(preferred tool AssuredComplianceAssessment Solution (ACAS)but also familiaritywithother similar tools)
- Abilitytouse andrecommendimplementation of infrastructureand security monitoringtechnologies(ex. Security Onion, Splunk,SolarWinds, ACAS)
- EndpointProtection:(ex.McAfeeEPO/ Host based securitysystem(HBSS)
- Awarenessof the latest network andapplicationhackingtechniques and countermeasures(emergingtrends).
- Haveat least one (1) year of CertificationandAccreditation & Cyber RiskManagementexperience: DoD RMF (DoD 8500, DoD 8510, NIST 800-37/-53), andDCID 6/3 andICD 503 processesandimplementingframeworksbyperforming risk assessments,systemcertification and accreditation at allclassificationlevels (NIPRNET, SIPRNETandJWICS)
- Haveat least three (3) yearsofexperienceinSecurityEngineering of DOD Network Infrastructure,WirelessTechnologies (Mobile IoTs, EndpointSecurity, Network protocols and Cryptography
- HaveDemonstratedknowledgeof networkthreats,attacks, and othermethods of exploitation, andthe ability todevelop Tactics, Techniques, Procedures (TTPs) tomitigate, deter, and
- HaveknowledgeofCyberSecurity practicesforcloudandvirtualenvironments (ex. Amazon Web Services (AWS), MicrosoftAzure, VMWare andOpenStack)
- Havestrong Knowledge of security incident handling/incidentresponse process, methodsandcoordinationwithRegionalCyberCenter-CONUS (RCC-C), Regional Network EnterpriseCenter(RNEC),NEC,
- Havestrong knowledgeandunderstandingof DoD andIntelligence Community (IC)engineeringefforts, as itrelatesto security engineering (MILCON/MCA projects)
- Havestrong knowledge of thedevelopmentof CCOE Policy(Policies,SOPs, TTPs, etc)andtheconduct of the associatedinspectionsforuseradherenceto the CCOE policy
- CertificationsRequired allofthefollowing are required
- This positionisdesignated as InformationAssurance Workforce (IAWF) (1) IAM II, (2) IASAE II and
- CSSPSeesection 126.96.36.199, Cybersecurity/Information Technology (IT) Certification,inthisPWSfordetailedArmy and DoD guidanceandrequirements. The following are required at contractstart date and must be maintainedthroughoutthe life of thecontract :
- BaselineNote: EitherCASP or CISSP (or associate)willsatisfybaselinecertificationsfor both IASAE II andIAM II.
- IASAEII: CASP,CISSP(or associate), or CSSLPand
- CSSP Auditor:CEH(red), CySA+ (blue),CISA, or GSNA and
- IAMII: CAP, CASP,CISM,CISSP(or associate), or GSLC
- ComputingEnvironment(CE)certifications:N/A - only requiredforIATIAWF
- Be monitoredinthe Army Training and Certification Tracking System (ATCTS).
- BaselineNote: EitherCASP or CISSP (or associate)willsatisfybaselinecertificationsfor both IASAE II andIAM II.
Successfullycomplete Information AssuranceFundamentals on linecourse and exam at https://ia.signal.army.mil/IAF/default.asp.
- This Personnel Security Standard forthispositionis IT-I (PersonnelinIA positions withprivileged-level access tocontrol,manage, or configure IA tools or devices,individualandnetworked IS and devices, andenclaves).
- Atcontract start date andthrough the life of thecontract, 1 (one)Contractor must have final Top SecretsecurityclearancewithSensitiveCompartmented Information (TS/SCI)eligibility as well as meetpositionrequirementsIAWAllother Contractors shallhave a minimum of finalSecret security clearanceandinitiated by theirFacility Security Officer (FSO) forTS/SCIeligibilitywithin 30 days of onboard; andshallmaintaintherequiredsecurityclearancethroughoutthelife of the contract.
"ISC Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates (minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities), are encouraged to apply for position vacancies as appropriate. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf to access the "EEO is the Law" poster. For more information please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org ."