Description of the Role:
Cyber Security is an incredibly important field for all successful Internet companies; Infoblox is no exception. Our growing Cyber Intelligence Unit (CIU) needs talented and experienced engineers to ensure the design of business solutions meets the security and compliance mandates, participate in vulnerability and penetration testing, and provide security-related feedback on the design & implementation of on-prem and cloud applications.
Description of an Ideal Candidate:
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced, highly-motivated Sr. Cyber Security Engineer interested in learning new technologies and staying up-to-date with the cyber threat landscape. You work well in a highly dynamic environment, along with peers and senior security analysts, to research and assess vulnerabilities, threats and attacks on enterprise products and environments. You are constantly innovating to improve the management and incident response procedures, practices, and tooling. You can quickly access information and data sources to determine priorities, and provide concise reporting of the issues in professional technical and business terms.
- Participate in product security incident response activities and assist with identifying and driving the resolution.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging techniques and technologies for building and operating secure applications.
- Conduct formal tests on web-based applications, networks, and other types of computer systems on a regular basis.
- Simulate attacks on networks, firewalls, operating systems and web applications.
- Contribute to creating reports of vulnerability and penetration test results
- Identify and monitor vulnerabilities, patches and application security defects.
- Track the remediation & mitigation of known vulnerabilities, and drive them to resolution.
- Support security compliance controls, systems, and processes for cloud, SaaS services.
- Participate in continuous monitoring and incident response for SaaS services.
- Verify adherence to company security policies and procedures.
- Design and develop product security controls, best practices, and documentation to support a FedRAMP operating environment.
- Support the company's security program as a point of contact for questions regarding security practices and processes, and respond to customer security questionnaires.
- Design and develop security controls and processes that align with company policies and satisfy compliance requirements.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement security controls to protect cloud services and information assets.
- Consult with business groups and provide guidance on security-related topics.
- 5 years+ of full-time experience in the field of information security.
- Experience implementing product and subscription services security.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and related technologies ( EC2, IAM, KMS, EMR, S3, VPC, Lambda, etc).
- Ability to translate security requirements implementation into formal written procedures.
- Deep knowledge of OSI Layer 7 Model, Network Architecture and Network Topology.
- Experience with both virtual and containerized computing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret security requirements from compliance documents, create technical solutions, and explain complex security concepts to non-technical business partners.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
- Work with a world-class technology team in a rapidly growing company
- A career path with opportunities to grow
- Discretionary Paid Time Off policy to promote a healthy work/life balance + world-class benefits
- Brick & Beam style modern office with state of the art amenities located in the heart of Tacoma, close to transportation and city life
- Cross-functional break rooms stocked with snacks and beverages
- And many, many more perks!
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer click here.