Who We Seek:
- Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
- Self-Starters. You’re a go-getter who isn’t afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
- Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
- Collaborators. You’re a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
What You Will Do:
- Serves as the lead for a 24/7/365 cyber operations center.
- Expert contributor and leader.
- Resolves technical problems that are typically exceptionally difficult or complex.
- Manages teams on complex projects/ assignments.
- Develops products, solutions, processes using advanced principles, theories and concepts within own technical specialty.
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of narrow technical domain.
- Lead teams to provide security monitoring and incident response services, in alignment with the mission to protect network assets (including Industrial Control Systems) to a level of confidentiality, integrity, and availability commensurate with the threat to those assets and their value to the Government.
- Act as an internal and external expert on matters relating to intrusion detection and incident response.
- Lead investigations into network intrusions and other cybersecurity breaches.
- Lead a coordinated response to complex cyber-attacks that threaten assets, intellectual property, and computer systems.
- Lead the development and improvement of security monitoring and incident response processes and solutions as required to support our cybersecurity program.
- Operate security monitoring and incident response toolsets with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Research and recommend solutions for incident response and digital forensics.
- Experience in leading efforts in information security, specifically with penetration testing, intrusion detection, incident response or digital forensics
- Experience in leading complex response activities with IT services department
- Experience leading in an enterprise team setting
- CISSP certification, or equivalent
Years of Experience: 8
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Attain is a place for great ideas and the people who have them. As a management, technology, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. Our team is present in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
Visit www.attain.com/careers to explore your path forward with Attain.
Attain is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.