Requisition ID: 32226
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
Florida Power & Light is seeking an experienced individual to be part of the Engineering & Technical Services (E&TS) team that provides technical support in the area of cyber security and NERC CIP compliance for the non-Nuclear Generating Fleet. Position will report to a Network Security Technical Services Manager, under the Controls and Network Security Fleet Team, and will reside in Juno Beach, Florida. Individual would provide cyber security support for the development of network & control system solutions, site troubleshooting, response to cyber events and life cycle projects.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Provide cyber security support to the Power Generation Division (PGD) Fleet
- Develop/Maintain PGD cyber security processes and procedures
- Participation in the development of cyber security solutions to meet corporate standards and/or NERC CIP standards
- Troubleshoot PGD cyber security issues
- Support cyber security improvement and Life cycle projects
- Preparation of documentation in support of audits and maintaining compliance of PGD Sites in the area of the Corporate and/or NERC CIP Regulations
- Due to the 24 hour, 7 days per week nature of power generation, night, weekend, and holiday support via telephone or call-out, may be required.
- Travel to sites throughout the United States averages about 30%.
- Project Management experience
- Ability to troubleshoot Network Switches and Routers on a Plant Control and Process Data Networks
- Knowledge of the latest standard practices for communication protocols and browser technologies
- General knowledge of a typical Distributive Control System (DCS).
- Knowledge of third party datalink protocols (Modbus, DNP, ABPLC, etc.), that interface to DCS Control Systems.
- System audit skills and/or information security experience (certifications)
Our Success Begins With Our People. Come join the NextEra Energy team of over 15,000 employees, located in 26 states, Canada and Spain which provide safe, reliable and affordable electricity to our customers
This job interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments. Employees in the role plan and develop technical projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts. Individuals in the role act as a technical liaison to individuals within and outside their organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to the individual's field. Employee's assignments are given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides full-time technical support to the operations and business unit personnel
• Performs system testing and documentation to critical systems during significant changes and/or upgrade
• Analyzes and identifies the root cause of - and implements comprehensive technical solutions to - complex application deficiencies and system issues
• Provides technical leadership in the functional specification, design and implementation of new (as well as enhancements to existing) security center applications and tools
• Develops new (and improves existing) processes with goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk of system failure, promoting efficiency in work flow, and meeting or exceeding the key operational performance targets
• Establishes, documents and maintains procedures and guidelines related to the day-to-day operational support provided to the operations and business unit personnel
• Travels to power plants for onsite troubleshooting support
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Technical / Functional Excellence/Learning
• Process Management Concepts
• Quality Tools and Techniques
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• High School Grad / GED
• Safety Policy and Practice
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:5 years
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Supervisor/Management Experience:Without Rating
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technical Specialist
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy