More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
E*TRADE is looking for a senior paralegal to join the Cybersecurity and Privacy Legal Team. This position involves a wide variety and scope of responsibilities, including, among other things, researching and tracking developments in cyber and privacy law, summarizing those developments for a newsletter received across the Company, designing and managing projects, and communicating and coordinating with people throughout the Company at all levels.
* Perform legal research
* Track and summarize developments in cybersecurity and privacy law
* Design, develop, track, and manage project plans in a complex dynamic environment
* Ensure projects are being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time
* Update legal policies and procedures
* Coordinate with other departments, including compliance and risk, on regulatory change management
* Liaise with the business and other departments to ensure that, where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
* Perform administrative work as necessary, including planning and scheduling meetings
* Research and prepare initial draft of a cybersecurity newsletter based on understanding of key issues relevant to E*TRADE's core business
7+ years of experience as a paralegal in a top tier law firm or similar in-house legal department
* Must demonstrate a keen interest and knowledge of cyber security and privacy matters facing financial institutions with the desire and the ability to learn new and evolving areas of the law
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills in addition to strong editing and legal research skills
* Must be able to collaborate and cultivate relationships with key business partners, across the Legal Department and with external third parties
* Detail-oriented, punctual, flexible, and organized
* Strong project management skills, with experience in Microsoft Project
* Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize and multi-task
* Ability to engage in strategic thinking, innovative problem solving, and finding client-focused solutions
* Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, especially with respect to sensitive matters
* Excellent people skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels, including executive management
* Experience in cybersecurity and privacy law a plus, but not required
* Proficient in Lexis Nexis, the Microsoft Office Suite Visio Software, and SharePoint; experience with iManage and Legal Tracker a plus
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.