We like to be on the wave of innovative data initiatives, programs, and solutions for our clients. We hope you are too. We are looking for a Chief Data Architect role to be the technical arm of our chief data officer services for our Government clients. Our clients need to improve upon the solutions and data maturity, strategic alignment, governance, operations, platform, and architecture to achieve this goal.This role would:
- Establish data management strategies for the data lifecycle management function, business cases, guide investment cycles, and evangelize solutions. This would include supporting tactical initiatives in early phase efforts for strategic planning, vendor prototypes, efficiency studies.
- Improve data management approaches and perform requirements gathering, develop concepts of operations, introduce product planning models, and establish initiative roadmaps.
- Focus on data quality solutions, frameworks, models for governance management, establishing business glossaries, and metadata management. Introduce DIKW requirements analysis methods, maturity transition methods, and coaching and training.
- Introduce maturity models such as ITIL, CMMI DMM, Agile, etc. to support more rapid and quality moves to operations to result in a lower risk and faster mean time to big ideas.
- Re-invigorate data governance efforts with improved light baseline inventory efforts, a focus on helping data projects instead of "gate" models, and developing modeling & standards for integration and interoperability
- Work with data operations on prototype support, operation coaching, and facilitating architecture design blueprints to operation build plan and action
- More traditionally, support the many various data platform and architecture initiatives in next generation solutions in IoT, Big Data, Open Data Platforms, Geospatial, visuatlization, AI, deep learning while adapating with, to, and address existing data management, workflow, and warehousing to integrate and interoperate between and with new solutions.
- Introduce new data community engagement models for the program to consider such as user and supplier incentive models, workforce training, gamification, hacking, improve, innovation bodies, CoEs, etc.
- Establish performance management to not only report and track, but create pathways for the quality improvement transition plans to have accountability, measure impact, and show tangible results.
You would work day-to-day with Executives through Operations. You would be paired with Xentity Project Management to support the planning, reporting. Most of your duties would be on client interactions in strategy, gathering and forming concepts, governance, designing, IV&V, and operations coaching. You would need to have a stronger slant towards transformation and modernization lifecycle than specific detailed technology architectures.
From a Technology perspective, we would expect you to understand both ther five year outyear vision for architectures in Cloud, Data Lakes, Real-Time, Container models, and Web Architecture Patterns as well as the past series of data architectures patterns in ETL, Client Server, Warehousing. No need to namedrop any "I was using mainframes, mini-computes, altairs", but having knowledge of the progression, what changes, why changes is very valuable in identifying investment patterns of today.
You would report to Xentity's Chief Architect. He has mentored and lead a majority of Xentity's over 100 engagements over its 15 year career. His style focuses on establishing a consulting relationship with his architects, overseeing accountability to action plans, supporting risk escalations and mitigation ideation, and empowering his architects to lead his client. He invests heavily in leadership competency first over technology prowess. He enjoys mentoring, collaboration, and making appropriate decisions and as quite familiar with these client strategies, tactics, protocols, and solutions that will be successful. Our client base enjoys the value these two bring, and have made repeated requests for support for them and their teams over the years. Our goal would for your personal brand to grow to that level of trusted advisorship as well.
- Bachelor's Degree with a Masters in Business Administration, Information Technology, or specific relevant subject area OR ten years experience in Lead Architect role
- Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time in US, possible AK/HI or International
- Previous experience in Government Programs working with data.
- Prefer to have Geospatial integration experience
- Must be able to rapidly context switch across subject matter, communication and architecture products, and stakeholder audiences.
- Experience with Big Data, System integration, data interoperability efforts
- Must be able to pass basic NACI, background, drug and reference checks
- Be flexible in either home office with frequent on-site presence or on-site 100%
- Must be able to demonstrate fast, quality typing as well as fast visual prototyping. Bonus: if can get hands-on in data technology prototype efforts
- Tool Experience in PowerPoint, Visio, Office Automation, and preferably newer BigData, RDF, brokering, ETL, and SEO technologies
- Supervisory is possible
- No Relocation Assistance, must be local
We do currently have an opening.
We review our requirements quarterly and this could change. We like to plan ahead in finding amazing talent.
We are a fast-growing data consulting and support services firm - focused on large data programs in data types such as geospatial, open, big, and IoT data. Check out www.xentity.com to learn about our focus, services, clients, missions, values as well as our excellent benefits package and career information.
We have high profile clients and projects that our staff really delivery for, as well enjoy knowing they make a large difference.
Our President has a vision to continue to focus on solutions that transform the Next Generation. Using data integration, knowledge solutions, and amazing increases in computing to impact energy, geosciences, land management, we can bring quality and simplifications to existing and new data flow! Imaging being on a team that brings advanced concepts like high performance computing, AI, data science, fuzzy logic, changing interfaces human-computer points mobile or augmented reality and many more disruptions. This truly can put the I back in IT and GIS.... by concentrating on pragmatic knowledge-first data designs, leadership and management, and the all too forgotten focus on outreach and engagement strategies and solutions.
More can be found at careers.xentity.com