Requisition Number: 74704
As a SENIOR CONSULTANT you’ll serve as a delivery SME for data center migration projects. These projects may range in size from small-to-medium sized stand-alone projects or components of a much larger transformation project encompassing multiple enterprise data centers. The Senior Consultant will serve as a trusted advisor to Insight clients. The incumbent will analyze current data elements and assist with architecture, design and data center migration strategies, enhancements, and platform consolidations for enterprise customers.
What you’ll do at Insight:
- Design technical and business architectures, as needed
- Perform data center migration activities, validations and platform-to-platform data migrations
- Lead and assist with development of new practice related materials
- Manage project engagements or portions of larger enterprise engagements
- Oversee the full scope of consulting engagement activities leading to the production of engagement deliverables
- Provide mentorship and guidance for less experienced teammates regarding data center migration methodologies
What you’ll need to join Insight:
- All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
- 5+ years of technical architecture and/or data center migration experience and possess Subject Matter Expert (SME) level experience in data center migration planning and technologies (storage, compute, network, database, etc.).
- Data Migration processes (replication, de-duplication, etc.)
- Candidates with cloud migration experience to Azure and/or AWS highly preferred
- Operations experience and ITIL process background also desired
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Na || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || DC-Cloud; DL; None || None || Remote ||