Job ID: 912069
Client: Fortune 10 company
Position: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Contract Length: 6 months
* Very Strong engineering skills. Should have an analytical approach and have good programming skills.
* Provide business insights, while leveraging internal tools and systems, databases and industry data
* Minimum of 5+ years experience. Experience in retail business will be a plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills for varied audiences on engineering subject matter
* Ability to document requirements, data lineage, subject matter in both business and technical terminology.
* Guide and learn from other team members.
* Demonstrated ability to transform business requirements to code, specific analytical reports and tools
* This role will involve coding, analytical modeling, root cause analysis, investigation, debugging, testing and collaboration with the business partners, product managers other engineering team.
* Strong analytical background
* Must be able to reach out to others and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong background in transforming big data into business insights Technical Requirements
* Knowledge/experience on Teradata Physical Design and Implementation, Teradata SQL Performance Optimization
* Experience with Teradata Tools and Utilities (FastLoad, MultiLoad, BTEQ, FastExport)
* Advanced SQL (preferably Teradata)
* Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Apache Spark, etc.).
* Strong Hadoop scripting skills to process petabytes of data
* Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting or similar programming/scripting knowledge
* Experience in ETL/ processes
* Real time data ingestion (Kafka) Nice to Have
* Development experience with Java, Scala, Flume, Python
* Automic scheduler
* R/R studio, SAS experience a plus
* Tableau or similar reporting/dash boarding tool
* Modeling and Data Science background
* Retail industry background Education BS degree in specific technical fields like computer science, math, statistics preferred
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178