As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Senior Data Modeler:
The Sr Data Modeler role will be a key data transformation role for VOYA Financial Data Management team.
Interface Control Documents, data format specifications, model release documentation, data harmonization and mappings, data mapping, design, review/ development to support ETL, data transformation work and deliver designs & data movement between applications.
- Conduct and lead discussions with business leads, subject matter experts, and stakeholders to understand projects scope and Business Requirements.
- Translate Business requirements into Data Requirements. Understand the data elements and their domains; understand relationships among those elements and inter-dependencies between models.
- Use acquired knowledge and develop Logical Data Models, Physical Data Models, and Data Element Dictionaries
- Develop maintenance processes for requirements and modeling artifacts
- Oversee data mapping for data conversion from legacy data stores and formats to new data structures. Perform architectural alignment with enterprise formats.
- Perform impact analysis
- Coordinate efforts across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc)
- Determine practicality and technical fit of developed standards and architectures
- Support QA team’s test cases and test data preparation. Carries out unit and Integration test support.
- Perform high-level requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise.
- Coordinate solution release activities and provide production support on need basis
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Expert knowledge on various Data modelling techniques: OLTP (normalized), ODS, EDW (dimensional)
- Experience with ER Studio, Erwin or similar tools
- Knowledge of Industry Data Models
- Expertise in Oracle (Temporal Data Management features knowledge is nice to have)
- Working knowledge in the creation of data infrastructure - such as views, stored procedures, ETL usage, real-time/streaming data integration
- Experience in system/business / data analysis related to data migration and data integration projects
- Experience with enterprise data management, governance, and BI / reporting tools
- Knowledge of the development of data models compliant with non-functional enterprise requirements, such as security and performance guidelines
- Deep understanding of data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, functional and system analysis
- Understanding and hands-on experience of the Data Architecture, Data Quality, and Data Profiling concepts
- Prior experience with financial services, retirement, insurance, or medical records industry highly desirable and knowledge of industry standard data models (i.e. IBM's Finance model, ACORD) desired
- Leadership and influential skills to develop consensus across onsite/offshore consultants.
- Overall technical competence to deliver data management solutions that adhere to Voya standards and excellent presentation skills
- Problem solving attitude, eagerness to learn new tools and technologies, and proactive approach to daily activities
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.