Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA
Direct Hire with our Client
Job ID 2020-4946
Solugenix is assisting a client, a data science company that specializes in artificial intelligence in their search for a “Senior Data Scientist” with a Life Sciences domain background for a full-time job in San Francisco, California, the detailed job description is mentioned below. We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years of consulting experience possessing Life Sciences secondary data familiarity – experience working with a variety of Patient, Physician, and Payer datasets on solving strategic and tactical sales & marketing business problems across life sciences, biotechnology and healthcare industries. Having directly worked with clients in these industries and business functions will be a big plus.
- BS or higher in any engineering discipline from Tier 1 college with a minimum of 3-5 years of consulting experience.
- BS or higher in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations, Research, Economics, or Econometrics from Tier 1 College with a minimum of 3-5 years of consulting experience.
- Able to comprehend complex tasks assigned and execute them with little to no supervision.
- Hands-on in a range of analytics tools (SAS, SQL, R/Python) and big data hosting technologies (at least 1 of AWS, GCP, Azure), with advanced expertise in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Have in-depth knowledge of the various commercially available Physician, Patient, and Payer level Life Sciences data sources in the US.
- Must have experience in the development or maintenance of processes to manage and improve sales and marketing operations such as Salesforce Sizing, Promotion Response Modeling, Promotional Effectiveness, and Market Mix Optimization.
- Execute analyses through an offshore team and make the results accessible and relevant to a wide variety of business users.
- Develop and refine analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment.
- Knowledge of advanced analytics and the ability to blend consulting, analytics, and technology to help life sciences and healthcare clients improve the ROI of their sales and marketing functions.
- Must have experience in using Statistical techniques like Regression Modeling/ Optimization/Structuring/Machine Learning Techniques.
- Calculation of all sales, activity, and managed care KPIs.
- Able to think analytically, use a systematic and logical approach to analyze data, problems, and situations.
- Spot discrepancies and inconsistencies in information and materials.
- Collaborate effectively with other analytical team members.
- Project management knowledge and experience. Should be able to plan tasks, discuss and work on priorities.
- Support analytical projects by formulating methodology, establish data requirements, identify client deliverables, determine tasks, and timing.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Convey ideas and information clearly and accurately to self or others in writing and verbally.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication with the team, and the organization’s leadership to foster an environment of openness, trust, and teamwork.
About the Client
Our client is one of the world's leading data science company that specializes in artificial intelligence. They have offices globally.
For over 50 years, Solugenix has been a global technology development and services firm with locations in California, Arizona, India, and the Dominican Republic. As a pioneer in IT Consulting and Professional Staffing, we have partnered with some of the biggest global corporations across many industries. Our history was built on a foundation of partnerships with global brands like McDonald’s, Microsoft, CIT Group, Johnson & Johnson, Herbalife, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and many others who look to Solugenix to be their trusted partner in providing professional staffing, non-IT and IT solutions.
We live our core values in everything that we do, starting with “doing the right thing” for our employees/contractors and “committing to client success”. This is a big part of how we continue to make lists like “2019 Forbes Small Giants”. We also forge strategic partnerships with vendors and corp-to-corp candidates (C2C) that share our core values and encourage you to partner with us.
In addition to generating ground-breaking, industry-defining solutions for our clients and our own projects, we partner with clients with whom we share core values and a common professional culture to help them find talent for their valuable opportunities. At Solugenix, we invest in the personal development and growth of every individual. While this is a position with one of our esteemed clients, Solugenix will continue to invest in your personal growth and development, providing you with a successful career as well as ensuring client success.