Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist/Project Manager to support the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in Washington, DC. The contractor shall provide support in data analytics, data mining, large data manipulation, data exploration, data visualization and use of data analytic tools including descriptive, prescriptive, predictive analytics. Activities which the contractor may be requirement to perform include requirements analysis, system and database design, software development, testing, documentation, maintenance and production operations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience as a Data Analyst.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to pass a Special Agreement Check (SAC) and a National Agency Check and Inquires (NACI) Background Investigation - Public Trust
- At least 2-4 years of Project Management experience to include defining and staying within the scope of the project, developing project schedules, monitoring overall progress and use of resources.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Meet weekly with the COR to review the contractor’s current status report of all ongoing and completed work, identifying impacts to schedule and task order budget.
- Provide meeting minutes for each meeting, including analyst design and close out.
- Prepare all required reports, deliverables and other documentation in conformance with the Chicago Manual of Style (16th ed.) and the Microsoft Manual of Style which comprise the ODT Documentation Standards.
- For each project, continuously update the plan based on discussions with stakeholders, data analyst findings, and in depth understanding of user requirements.
- Create documentation as required under the PMLC and the Configuration Change Board (CCB) in order to move projects to the production environment.
- Coordinate with internal and external organizations providing data to understand and resolve improper data formatting and other integration issues.
- When using SAS to create analytics, create and maintain customized SAS stored processes and SAS Macro libraries. Open source programming languages like R and Python may be used in addition.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting on data analytic packages such as SAS stored processes.
- Participate in facilitated meetings between stakeholders at CFTC which may include regular status meetings, user acceptance testing meetings and ad hoc development discussions.
- Data analysis tasks may be varied. They will include complex data requests that require data mining, extraction, and query optimization services from Divisions throughout the CFTC.
- TRAVEL: Occasional domestic travel.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.