Credit Karma depends upon our users' trust. We earn and maintain that trust by demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding their information. The Trust & Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Credit Karma's members by securing our online processes and preventing online fraud and abuse throughout the Credit Karma product suite.
What you’ll do:
- Build machine learning models to detect various types of fraud and risk
- Collaborate with business partners to create strategies utilizing model results
- Develop effective metrics to measure performance and test fraud prevention rules, models and methodologies
- Investigate potential fraud and respond appropriately
What’s great about the role:
- Hands-on approach. You’ll be implementing and running fraud systems and processes
- Work with engineering teams to deploy models into production environments
- Represent Credit Karma to various partners and/or government bodies
- Maintain compliance with various regulatory schemes
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field
- 3+ years of industry experience developing and deploying models
- Good understanding of machine learning algorithms and frameworks (e.g., regression, decision tree, clustering, ensembled trees - XgBoost/LightGBM, CNN/RNN - TensorFlow/PyTorch).
- Proficient with data query and programming languages Python/R, Java/Scala, and SQL
- Knowledge of financial fraud and abuse
- Experience in banking or finance preferred
- Working experience with public cloud platforms (especially GCP) is a plus
- A fun and positive attitude!