MetroStar Systems is looking for a Senior Database Administrator that is passionate about leading Database development projects for federal contracts. If you want to join a company that values delivering high-quality products and are open to commuting to Arlington, Va., we want you to work for MetroStar!
Our Defense and Intel. Division is responsible for supporting federal agencies in the Washington, DC area and around the country. Come be a game changer and join our team!
You're a great fit if:
- You are passionate about designing, implementing, operating and maintaining database programs and applications
- You can evaluate and recommend available database management system products after matching requirements with system capabilities
- You are comfortable determining organization, indexing methods and security procedures for specific applications
You'll love our Senior Database Administrator Position if: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other relevant discipline
- You have ten or more years of experience in SQL Server database engineering, design, development, management, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, or problem diagnosis and resolution
- You are proficient in the following MS SQL Server 2016 Database Administration, MS Visio Professional 2013, MS TFS 2015, and MS Office 2013.
- You have a TS/SCI Clearance
- You maintain an IAT Level II Certification
We'll REALLY love you if: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You can control the design and use of databases; you can control the global view of databases, the access of databases and assure the safekeeping of the databases (from accidental or intentional damage or loss)
What your day will look like:
- You will lead a database administration team in management of highly complex software systems
- You will support several tasks concurrently and evaluates problems of workflow, organization, and planning, and develops appropriate corrective actions and prepares and performs presentations at technical interchange meetings and project design reviews
- You will conduct code and design reviews of subordinate database administrators and peers.
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.