Are you interested in a chance to expand your knowledge and grow your earnings and have new experiences? Then check out our Senior Database Administrator position!
Our Senior Database Administrator will work to install, optimize, monitor and maintain database systems and support software. They will help support Rollins and its family of brands by providing technical assistance to IT staff and users of IT systems. As well as, assure compliance to departmental procedures.
Rollins, Inc., a global consumer and commercial service company. We provide the most accurate, comprehensive and efficient pest management services for both residential and commercial customers.
The Successful Senior Database Administrator Will . . .
- Monitor, maintain, and help to improve the performance of database systems - which includes database backups, restores, and disaster recovery
- Define the database logical and physical design and the security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Optimize database indexes, queries, stored procedures, and reports
- Ensure compliance to audit and departmental policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance to the IT staff and users of IT systems
- Work closely with the project managers, business analysts, software developers, quality assurance engineers and management during all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Design and build normalized and denormalized database solutions using best practices
- Implement new technologies
- Work on multiple concurrent deadline-driven projects
- On-call responsibilities required
- Participate in technical evaluation of new computer hardware and software and make recommendations to address business solutions
- Assist in development of new application systems and database changes
- Collect system historical data for trend and projection usage analysis
- Administer data archiving process ensuring compliance with policy
- Assist in problem analysis and resolution as required
- Perform administrative duties as to formal reporting of activity, progress and performance
- Responsible for the provision of detailed analysis and reporting for various database activities
- Develop, implement and manage policies and procedures ensuring the integrity and security of the databases. These policies will be review and modify by management before implementing
- Responsible for installing database binaries or upgrading an existing database server
- Responsible for planning for backup and recovery of the databases in coordination with the Technical Support & Operations department
- Establishing standards and schedules for database backups
- Developing recovery procedures for each database
- Making sure that the backup schedules meet the recovery requirements
- Monitoring the health of the database server which includes:
- The server is running with optimal performance.
- The error log or event log is monitored for database errors.
- Setup database alerts/notifications.
- Responsible for having databases routine maintenance performed and the overall system has periodic maintenance performed by the system administrator.
- Responsible for maintaining the proper use of storage which includes monitoring disk space requirements
- Responsible for setting up and scheduling various events
- Develop, Perform and manage database disaster recovery procedures.
- Help developers to optimize database/applications coding (queries, stored procedures, & etc.)
- Where possible, help developers tune queries, assigning proper indexes, and aiding developers in the creation of triggers and stored procedures
- Competitive pay plus commission
- Company vehicle and gas card upon territory assignment
- Market leading software including a company provided iPhone and iPad
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, maternity, & life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, dependent scholarship awards
- Quality, comprehensive training programs as the industry leader
Are you ready to take your CAREER to the next level?
We require the ability to pass a drug screen and background check. Candidates must meet job requirements and perform the job duties with or without accommodations:
Keywords: IT, Database Administrator, database, system administrator, software, database systems, technology, information technology, system, system access