This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Senior Database Administrator:
- Design, troubleshoot, manage, and maintain database systems
- Regularly monitor systems and ensure timely resolution of all production issues
- Document and maintain technical specifications of database systems
- Communicate effectively with internal customers, vendors, and teammates
- Improve and automate redundant processes, track issues, and document changes
Requirements of the Senior Database Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of experience with Linux/Unix/Windows database administration
- At least 7 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
- At least 7 years of experience with Linux/Unix scripting and Bash scripting (Python, Perl is a plus)
- At least 3 years of experience running databases in the cloud
- Ability to review current database environments and suggest infrastructure improvements
- Clear and effective communication skills, ability to present technical information to non-technical audiences
- Motivated self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work on-call during after hours and weekends
Keywords: Senior Database Administrator, Linux, Unix, Windows, DBA, SQL Server, Oracle, Bash, Python, Perl, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
Job ID: 313903
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com .
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!