Intercontinental Exchange is looking for a Senior Database Developer in their New York Midtown office. The Senior Database Developer will be part of database team and play a role in the analysis, design, implementation, and support of a series of applications for ICE Bonds system. The candidate will be responsible for ongoing software development for a business line, interfacing with users and management in the planning of major functionality, analyzing business functional requirements to determine the scope of work, evaluating available application alternatives to support business needs, and managing resource planning/constraints. Discretion and independent judgment are required on a daily basis. This role is 80% PL/SQL development work and 20% Database Administration work.
- Conduct PL/SQL or SQL development to solve business problem
- Conduct database administrative work to support for production system
- Provide support for QA and Development systems.
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize database systems
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing database applications in PL/SQL-Triggers, Packages, Functions, Procedures, Complex SQL, Oracle Collection, Object Types
- Must have work experience working in Unix/Linux environment. RAC experience is a plus
- Some Shell or Perl experience
- SQL Query tuning using different tools. Clear understanding of query plan
- 11g experience a must, 12c a plus
- Sybase ASE and Rep server experience a plus
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skill
- Understand SDLC process and tools, agile program management concepts and version control
- Willing to take on-call rotation and occasional weekend work